Thread: Should GWW Embrace Scammers, Spammers, Content Thieves Etc?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? Should GWW Embrace Scammers, Spammers, Content Thieves Etc?

Like other boards in the industry do?

It seems there are several webmaster boards in the industry that openly support content thieves, scammers, spammers and other undesirable elements, even after they have been proven to be.

Im not just talking about gay webmaster boards btw, but larger boards like GFY seem to have a higher ratio of scammers to non-scammers being vocal on them.

Do you think that it is good business for these boards to attract and appear to actively support those who have been caught scamming in the past or do you think its a case of these board owners just needing the posts/drama from whatever source they can get it at the expense of the other board members?

Your thoughts, should scammers, spammers, content thieves and other undisirable persons be welcomed on GWW like they are on other webmaster forums?

Regards,

Lee

I prefer to stick to boards that police their posters and try and keep the spammers and scammers out.

I'd like to see GWW stay clean and clear.

I stay away from GFY mainly because you can't cut through all the clutter, BS and noise to get a message through.
    I suppose it has it's place in our industry, but I don't think that the board reflects well on us as people or business people.
    Last edited by Maryflixxx; 11-25-2008 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Longer train of though
    Mary
    Advertising Manager, QueerClick & Guys With iPhones
    Email: mary@queerclick.com

Reasonable Rates! Talk to me about better traffic options.

www.HotDesertKnights.com hdkbill's Avatar
    Lee,

Methinks you should stay away from that crap.

Bill

Heres A Thought

Lee,

even if I believe in fairness and honesty in our industry, black out messages from people you think / know they are scamers isn't good. Let them post on GWW too, everybody can reply them "Hey, I know what you did last summer" or more concretely ...

GWW is the only board, that I'm a member of, where you can out a scammer and not be banned, or warned via PM to stop.

GWW is the only board, that I'm a member of, which bans scammers and members with sites that have very questionable content. Kind of a common sense thing, which I like, not a theoretical "nobody knows for sure" attitude which the other boards employ.

You could be like everyone else, but then you wouldn't be unique. :wolf:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Embrace the scum?

[ ] Yeah
    [X] Neah

DEV
    :-D

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    This board is not required by any law to let any post. Free Speech rights only protect speakers from government censorship, Lee can ban anyone he wants to.

I prefer that standards remain! Scammers and spammers be damned and banned.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

How long have you been gay? Three hundred and sixty-five had come and went
    It's already enough companies/websites out there who embrace such scum just because it's not them they are stealing from. Would be great not to see another fine place going overboard.

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    While most have gone to the UK board, there's still one big scammer here.

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise. maxx68's Avatar
    nickbear...do tell!!!

Anyway I think that Lee and the rest of the members of this board (except the one scammer) have too much integrity to go down that path. As a newbie I find it comforting to know that if I'm contacted by some shady character, you guys will give me the heads up.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbaer View Post
    While most have gone to the UK board
    Unfortunately that is par for the course, once scammers are ousted from one board they will go to the next board to find their next set of victims, more often than not, the board they end up going to is typically newer because the owners dont mind them posting to increase post counts / traffic.

It isnt anything negative with respect to the board owners (unless they also use deceptive practices and promote sites that are questionable), they can only act when these scammers start playing their old games again... On their board, until then people just have to be carefull about who they do business with when new boards open up and those of us who know who these scammers are need to be vigilant and do our best to educate others about the previous histories of certain individuals.

Regards,

Lee

That's an interesting perspective that I've never considered.

I always thought the new board owners knew the history and would just ban the baddies straight away if they were a good board, not keep them around for post count and until they did more damage again. :snake:

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Unfortunately that is par for the course, once scammers are ousted from one board they will go to the next board to find their next set of victims, more often than not, the board they end up going to is typically newer because the owners dont mind them posting to increase post counts / traffic.

It isnt anything negative with respect to the board owners (unless they also use deceptive practices and promote sites that are questionable), they can only act when these scammers start playing their old games again... On their board, until then people just have to be carefull about who they do business with when new boards open up and those of us who know who these scammers are need to be vigilant and do our best to educate others about the previous histories of certain individuals.

Regards,

Lee
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

I Want To See Bradleys 'B-Unit' deanb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maxx68 View Post
    nickbear...do tell!!!

Anyway I think that Lee and the rest of the members of this board (except the one scammer) have too much integrity to go down that path. As a newbie I find it comforting to know that if I'm contacted by some shady character, you guys will give me the heads up.

I think everyone on this board knows exactly who it is, every time he tries to do business he gets called out. :bullcrap:
    ICQ# 200-385-093