Thread: How Often Do You Register New Domain Names?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

How Often Do You Register New Domain Names?

I must admit i dont really have any set methods in place when it comes to registering domains, ill typically just register one when i find one that suits a purpose i have either immediately or, one for a project i want to work on down the line.

That being said, im starting to think more and more about cutting back the amount of domain names i register and, rather than registering a domain immediately after i find it, writing it on a list and once or twice a month doing bulk domain registrations.

I figure not only will this mean that i can double check the domain name is actually 'good' a few days after i have found one, but will also enable me to build a list of domains to register at the same time getting bulk discounts on registrations, therefore saving some $$$ along the way to.

Do you folks have any set methods in place when it comes to registering new domain names or, like i used to do, did you just register them as and when the need (or not) arose?

Regards,

Lee

Today sounds like a good day to expand my collection ... rumour has it that www.Godaddy.com offering new domains at 99 cents. Use:99DOMAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    Today sounds like a good day to expand my collection ... rumour has it that www.Godaddy.com offering new domains at 99 cents. Use:99DOMAIN
    You can only register 1 domain at that price per account.

Someone sent me that coupon code last night.

Luckily we have 5 accounts at GoDaddy so i managed to get 5 domains at $1.19

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    You can only register 1 domain at that price per account.

Someone sent me that coupon code last night.

Luckily we have 5 accounts at GoDaddy so i managed to get 5 domains at $1.19

Regards,

Lee
    So much for cutting back :haha:

I usually do the same thing (just register them one at a time as "inspiration" strikes). That happens too often, though, so I too now have a list and am trying to make myself stop with the compulsive madness since 2/3 of the domains we have don't even have anything on them because there's no way I have time to develop all of them.
    Promote solo guy site TrixiesHouseboy.com!
    WebWhoreBucks

Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    So much for cutting back :haha:
    I know but a $1 domain was just to good of an opportunity to pass up LOL

I just wish it would have been usable for more than 1 domain, i could have done some serious damage then haha

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I usually do the same thing (just register them one at a time as "inspiration" strikes). That happens too often, though, so I too now have a list and am trying to make myself stop with the compulsive madness since 2/3 of the domains we have don't even have anything on them because there's no way I have time to develop all of them.
    Trixie,

You should park them at Sedo if they havent been developed, it literally takes 5 minutes to add hundreds of unused domains to their system and we make a good $2-300 a month in parking earning from them.

The trick is, to make sure you set your own keywords once the domains are added to the system and then use those domains as 'exit' links from some of your adult sites to give your revenue a boost.

We have 1 domain at Sedo right now that is making between $3 and $4 per click :eek:

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I just wish it would have been usable for more than 1 domain, i could have done some serious damage then haha

Regards,

Lee

I hear that ... we'd probably bring Godaddy to a standstill LOL