Thread: Does This Header Graphic Just Look Like It Has Been Thrown Together To You?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Does This Header Graphic Just Look Like It Has Been Thrown Together To You?

http://www.craigslistrevenue.com

I dont know but to me it just seems like the designer took a bunch of pics and just threw it together in 5 minutes.

Anyone else feel the same way about it?

Regards,

Lee

Yeah, there is something about the trimming and lighting that is almost a bit creepy.

Something incoherent or too bright.
    Mary
    Advertising Manager, QueerClick & Guys With iPhones
    Email: mary@queerclick.com

Reasonable Rates! Talk to me about better traffic options.

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    it looks kind odd for some reason... and the "new and improved" should be LARGER
    :-D

Okay cool (well not cool but you know what i mean) i was worried i was just being to overly critical about it.

Guess i need to show the designer this thread, any suggestions on how it should be changed to improve the look of it?

Regards,

Lee

how about a screengrab of a craigslist page/header worked into it? I get on that page and I think it's about saving money for a cruise. The header isn't matching up with the product pitch, if that makes any sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    how about a screengrab of a craigslist page/header worked into it? I get on that page and I think it's about saving money for a cruise. The header isn't matching up with the product pitch, if that makes any sense?
    Im not sure if that will mess it up even more to be honest Bec, right now it looks like the dude just picked some images and threw them around in Photoshop randomly, id hate to think what he would do if he needed to put a screengrab on there too :eek:

In an of itself, it has all the right elements to 'look' like its a money making program, but i dont think the designer took any time over laying it out.

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    If this is an offshore designer, we've often found that, regardless of what you say or how specific you are with directions, the first draft of whatever you ask for is always something ripped out in about 15 minutes that, more often than not, looks like crap. Basically, my experience is that the first draft will almost always be something that shows the absolute minimum possible effort with little to no attention to quality.

With the designers we work with repeatedly, we find that after we make them re-do every single thing (sometimes 2 or 3 times) until they actually follow our directions and spend real time doing what we ask, they eventually get the message and actually read the directions and do a decent job the first time to avoid having to start over again.... that or they give up and stop responding.

I think you're well within your rights to ask the designer to re-do this and put some effort into it... making a nice quality collage rather than just cutting up some images, paying more attention to the imagery so that it matches the text, etc.

btw "craigslist" is misspelled in the top of the header graphic.

Chip,

Its actually the same guy we had design the http://www.penisadvance.com header which is why im kind of miffed that this one was just thrown together, especially after he already knows the quality i expect.

Regards,

Lee

We have one designer we've been working with for 2+ years and generally does good work, but every so often he will try to crap something out and AJ will just send it back and say "Please do over. This isn't the quality we need."

I think it's just a mindset.

Yeah i guess its par for the course, although we have been lucky with this guy so far, he hasnt flaked out on us at all and he sends us all psd files without having to be asked.

The amount of designers we have used in the past that have just vanished overnight has been unreal, at least this guy and the other one we use are sticking around haha

Regards,

Lee

Any decent man you ever get is gonna find out you're half dyke and RUN.
    Crap banner or not they aint going to make many sales when their sign up link is broken !

I love seeing shit like that after looking at all the bollocks about how much I could earn etc etc ... *yawn*

Quote Originally Posted by Andyr View Post
    Crap banner or not they aint going to make many sales when their sign up link is broken !
    Thats because i havent finished the site yet, it hasnt been sent to the processor for acceptance and its just online to get Google listings so that when it is ready itll get instant traffic

Much like how our weight loss ebook is already getting traffic from this listing...

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...anced+slimming

Regards,

Lee

Any decent man you ever get is gonna find out you're half dyke and RUN.
    Ah well, good luck then .... just remember to fix the link when the time comes :moneybags: