Thread: For the Sponsors...

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise. maxx68's Avatar

I Wonder? For the Sponsors...

Firstly…Hello everyone!

Second…I apologize in advance for the lengthy post; I’ll try and keep it to the point and quick.

I just want to know ONE thing…If sponsors supposedly make money from the sales their affiliates make, why do they seem to try so hard to alienate said affiliates?

I would assume that a sponsor would want to, or being willing to, teach their affiliates everything they know about the creation and marketing of their product.

I understand the cut-throat mentality, it is a business after-all, but isn’t it a bit counter-productive to treat your affiliates like they are some sort of annoying step-child? (I know this is question #2)

I have taught myself everything I know about building websites and I do a pretty good job of it. Just ask that m$#%@&^%$# at S******** S***** P**********. That shithead is still using my material, albeit, cut & past cause asswipe doesn’t have the master files I used to create his logo, website and graphics or the same graphics software. Sorry…some wounds take longer than others to heal.

I wish four years ago someone had taken me under their wing. I am a hard worker, I learn and retain info pretty well, and I am a person who desperately needs and wants to earn a living wage. (notice I didn’t say get rich)

I put in approximately 6 to 8 hours everyday. I can build a site, I can create logos and even edit raw material and create galleries and movie clips…I just SUCK at promotion.

All I wanted to do was be a productive affiliate, help my family and sock away some cash so I could either create content for my own site or buy some semi/exclusive content to use. Easy, right? Wrong!

Anyway…thanks for listening and for letting me vent. I’m tenacious if nothing else and I’m working with yet another sponsor, so we’ll see what happens.

Have a great week!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Oh Wow...

You are in Deltona, never thought i would see anyone from there on GWW LOL

We're based in Daytona/Ormond, should meet up sometime for drinks

Regards,

Lee

To answer your questions though...

I think it depends on the program, i agree that there are several programs who do make it harder for their affiliates to be productive, either deliberately or, through not knowing what they are doing.

I forget who it was but there was a sponsor a few years ago that actually had written in their TOS that you couldnt mention the sponsors name, or the sponsors paysite names... Um.. yeah ok.

You also have to remember, a lot of programs actually make more from their in-house sales than they do from their affiliates, on Condom Cash we did more in-house sales the first 6 months we were open than affiliates would send us, the only reason we opened the programs paysites was to get 'additional' sales, affiliates (at the time) were never intended to be our main focus.

These days affiliates make up about 70% of our total sales volume however, we are working on making that number level out with additional in-house traffic generation projects.

I actually wonder how many programs opened for affiliates because they couldnt generate sales themselves in-house? Maybe that could be why some programs seem to pander to every small request from their affiliates and others not?

Regards,

Lee

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise. maxx68's Avatar
    Thanks, Lee.

Yep I'm in boring ol' Deltona! We should meet up, then I can pick your brain, .:drunk:

Back to what you said...

I guess I just assumed that if you took the time to set up an affiliate program it was cause you needed it. What you said sheds some light on my current sponsor.

I couldn't help but notice that it seemed that most of their affiliate sites looked as though they were created by them. See ya learn something new each day.

Quote Originally Posted by maxx68 View Post
    Thanks, Lee.

Yep I'm in boring ol' Deltona! We should meet up, then I can pick your brain, .:drunk:

Back to what you said...

I guess I just assumed that if you took the time to set up an affiliate program it was cause you needed it. What you said sheds some light on my current sponsor.

I couldn't help but notice that it seemed that most of their affiliate sites looked as though they were created by them. See ya learn something new each day.
    Shoot me a PM would def be interested in meeting up sometime

Regards,

Lee

I'll do my best to work with people who need my help... Hey, I'll make suggestions, tell people where I think they're missing out...

Not all programs have the time or knowledge to do that.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.