Thread: Vote Gill Sperlein for FSC Board

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor. Titanmen's Avatar

Vote Gill Sperlein for FSC Board

I know you are concerned about the effect of piracy on the adult entertainment industry.

Our General Counsel, Gill Sperlein, is running for the Board of Directors of the Free Speech Coalition specifically to bring his skills as an attorney and the knowledge he has gained fighting piracy on behalf of Titan Media to the FSC Board.

Please consider voting for him when you cast your ballot.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    The FSC are worthless, he could spend his time doing much better things, like twiddling his thumbs imho.

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I have to disagree on this.

FSC has succeeded in getting the initial injunctions against the more unreasonable parts of 2257, they almost singlehandedly beat down the last attempt to get .xxx approved by flying to the meeting and personally lobbying the ICANN directors, and they have also continued fighting in other ways.

Are they imperfect? Certainly. But for now, they're the closest thing we have to an industry association, and I believe that until another organization comes along that does their job better, we'd be wise to stick by them.

Chip,

I disagree, the FSC have been a total failure for the adult industry in fighting for free speech and now we are to beleive that they are capable of fighting piracy at the same time as free speech.

There have not been ANY cases where the FSC alone have been complicit in fighting ANY cause for the adult industry, the .xxx thing you mentioned had absolutely nothing at all to do with the FSC.

.XXX was declined because it went directly in opposition of ICANNs technical specifications, they didnt want to have to police content on any .XXX domain which they would have had to do had the TLD passed under law.

If the FSC hasnt been able to champion for the industry on free speech issues, what makes them think that they can do anything for online piracy, after all if organizations such as MPAA cant do anything to combat it, what chance does a bunch of shyster attorneys have?

This is just another way the FSC can milk every single dime they can out of the adult industry for a good 'cause' that gets absolutely nothing done.

I still have not seen any information posted on any of the major industry boards over the last 12 months about Acacia, a case that is still ongoing and a real threat to the industry.

I still have not seen any form of communication from the FSC about 2257 regulations that are going to be ammended later this month.

I am not the only person that feels this way, a lot of webmasters in the industry feel let down by the FSC over the past few years and a lot more feel like the FSC fighting online piracy is going to do absolutely nothing at all for the industry as a whole.

Regards,

Lee

Incidently, this is a great read for anyone wanting to know where their FSC 'donations' actually get spent...

http://www.gfyboard.com/showthread.php?t=873514

According to their annual report, they took in just under $1,000,000 in funding last year.

$74,904 went towards legal issues... What did the OTHER $900,000 get spent on for the better of 'the industry'?

Regards,

Lee

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor. Titanmen's Avatar
    Sometimes you work with what you got...

I know both Diane and Joanne and I truly believe they are trying to do the right thing. I also know they are not "jetsetters" that fly around the country spending money. The only way to work on changing it is from the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanmen View Post
    Sometimes you work with what you got...

I know both Diane and Joanne and I truly believe they are trying to do the right thing. I also know they are not "jetsetters" that fly around the country spending money. The only way to work on changing it is from the inside.
    Keith,

I agree you need to work with what you have.

Perhaps if the FSC spent more than $74k of that one million dollars on legal stuff more people woud be applauding them?

Instead it just looks like everyone who donated to the FSC did so to keep them in champagne, caviar and lobster for the last 12 months.

Regards,

Lee