Thread: My Gad T-Shirt Design - what do you think?

How long have you been gay?

I Wonder? My Gad T-Shirt Design - what do you think?

Hello, everyone. I was hoping to get your opinion on a t-shirt that I designed, and I figured this would be a good place to post.

I used to work with adult sites in the past, which is how I am familiar with GayWide. Nowadays I work with mainstream stuff, and a lot of it has to do with t-shirts - I blog about them, promote them, and even try to design them. One of my better designs, and the one that I spent by far the most time on, is the one I'd like some feedback on. You see, I am straight as a 2x4, and I feel like I'm in desperate need from some feedback from those whom this t-shirt is intended for.

Well, here it is, and I hope this isn't mistaken for a marketing ploy, since the shirts are barely up for sale.

P.S. How does one edit a post?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Dont know to be honest, it doesnt really jump out at me.

Regards,

Lee

Hey, Lee, thanks for the honest feedback. It's appreciated.

Anything particular anyone can say? Anything about the design? The message? The colors?

I'm not gay; I'm British!
    I have found...being a youg gay male in my early 20's...that most of the gay guys I know don't really care for gay cliches or gay based t-shirts. I've never known anyone who has owned one to be honest then again I don't hang out in clubs. I Don't know many gay people who identify as being "queer" either, . Some take offense to the word actually. It looks like an ok design, but I don't think it would sell that well. I'd stick with something more jockish like the shirts here: gaytshirt.com
    Good luck!

I'm not gay; I'm British!
    I think a gay based shirt with a cool design like some of the shirts here: emptees.com might sell well with the young crowd.

I think a gay zombie shirt would be cool.

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise. maxx68's Avatar
    As a big old fag I can honestly say that I think the whole rainbow thing has had it's day. I wear nothing but tees and I like what all the guys are wearing.

Check out some of the most popular tees at the department stores and try to create something based on them but with a queer sensibility. At least that's what I would do.

The design is nice, but the message is not one I'd ever choose to wear myself or buy for anyone that I know to be gay.

Director of Pantheon Productions

Cool T

I think it looks great. My only critique is there should space or somehow a separation between "ME" and "I'M".

Nice design.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I like the design too. And I'm surprised to hear the comment that some are offended by "queer"... many of the younger generation actively prefer "queer" since it's an inclusive term for gay/les/transgender.

I personally wouldn't wear it, but then I almost never wear anything that overtly says I'm gay. I do sometimes wear more subtle things... I have a cool shirt that's almost 20 years old with a hand-drawn "scribble" across the front in rainbow colors that's an interesting design and subtlely conveys the rainbow colors... gay people pick up on it, straight people don't. I find things like that to be cool!

I don't think you can please everyone, so I'd say go with the design you have, maybe make some others as well, and just put them up and see what sells

Wow, thanks for everyone's feedback. It had thought that the thread got completely buried.

I've decided to create a blog about gay t-shirts, so that I can find some of the best ones available online. Queerrepublictees.com has been the best I've found so far!

Nice design and color