Thread: The Day The Earth Was Brain Dead

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.

The Day The Earth Was Brain Dead

I saw the movie tonight. I'm glad I went on an empty theater night.

I enjoyed it. That doesn't mean it was a very good movie - but it did have some interesting moments.

Of course I saw the 1951 original as a teen ager in the mid-60s, on NBC's Saturday Night At The Movies. I was mesmerized by it.

My parents had an Epiphany Moment that I had some kind of coming of age experience that night. They didn't want to watch a black and white Sci Fi movie on our new color TV, but they left me totally to myself to savor every film noir moment.

After all, only a couple of years earlier we had gone to the Seattle World's Fair, where I learned a lot about multiplexing data at AT+T's pavilion.

Keanu naked as Klatuu being born, was a long overdue look at Keanu. There is a cliche that goes something like: The Earth Stood Still The Day I Saw Keanu.

Other than that, there were more words in the closing credits, than there were words of dialog. Klatuu's one-liners were spine tingling. Unfortunately when Keanu was on Letterman the other night, he didn't remember his lines as well as Dave did.

There's some great reviews and discussions on the net. I did pick up on this remake being much more of a biblical metaphor than the first. In the original, Klatuu's human name was Mr Carpenter. In the remake, he walked on water. There was more than one Orb that descended this time, the others collected two of every species - flora and fauna.

The greatest metaphor was the not so subtle depiction of the war hawk mentality that got us into mid east wars over the past 20 years. Mr Gore could have used that help 6 years ago.

Hopefully the naked Keanu was not a stand-in.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?