Thread: Lesbian and bisexual youth have higher risk of teen pregnancy

Lesbian and bisexual youth have higher risk of teen pregnancy

So not only is the Gay community the carrier of all the worlds diseases, we are now the new nemesis to teen pregnancy statistics! Lesbian and Bisexual teens are 2-6 times more likely to get pregnant then heterosexual girls!

Do you believe this? Is there some kind of hidden agenda here I'm not seeing? Perhaps being Gay is a choice? Gays are more irresponsible? Something else maybe?

--------------------------------------------

Ottawa - Despite declining teen pregnancy rates over the past decade, a large gap still exists between lesbian and bisexual (LB) youth as compared to heterosexual youth. A study conducted by the University of British Columbia has found that LGB students have a two to seven times higher risk of teen pregnancy than heterosexual students.

This risk is explained by higher rates of discrimination, sexual abuse, and harassment. The study released in the Canadian Journal of Human Sexuality is based on the BC Adolescent Health Survey.

Dr. Elizabeth Saewyc, the CIHR-funded lead author, is available to discuss the high rate of teen pregnancies in LB youth and the implications of these findings. In addition, Dr. Joy Johnson, Scientific Director of CIHR's Institute of Gender and Health, is available to put the findings in context and talk about the importance of this study. FULL STORY
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Im no scientist but im pretty sure that 'lesbian' teens wont be getting pregnant anytime soon.

Not quite sure how 2 women get pregnant together.

Perhapsit simply means that more teens are having unprotected sex and that of these teens, compared to several years ago, more of them are identifying themselves as gay or bisexual because of the generation difference where being gay or bisexual is becoming more acceptable with todays youth?

Regards,

Lee

What do you consider 'good sex'? rawTOP's Avatar
    One thing that's different in the lesbian community (compared to gay men) is the number of lesbians who are lesbians by choice - they're just tired of men. I can see if a guy just knocked some girl up when she didn't intend it, that she might not want to identify as hetero any more...

I think you need to get them to identify their sexual orientation BEFORE they get pregnant to have meaningful results.