Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are Adult Webmasters Not Concerned About 2257 Anymore?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? Are Adult Webmasters Not Concerned About 2257 Anymore?

I havent seen or heard any significant discussions about this despite the fact the new revisions of the 2257 regulations were published today.

Even on GFY the thread they have there is pretty pathetic.

How concerned are you about the new 2257 regulations?

You can read them at either of the following URLs:

http://www.us2257.com/revised-usc2257.shtml

http://www.us2257.com/2257.pdf

http://www.federalregister.gov/OFRUp...8-29677_PI.pdf

As i said a few weeks back, some interesting changes HAVE been made to these regulations, the DOJ has specifically clarified that a 3rd party can maintain records for individual companies so that is one way that somebody is going to be making a lot of money from these regulations.

Again though, there seem to be some very confusing details, like do we need to add a url to each and every image, each and every webpage or each and every site we own.

They do allow for linking to a specific page containing your 2257 information though.

So what do you think, are webmasters just not concerned anymore about the 2257 regulations given they have been published for almost 12 hours now and there is very little discussion happening about them right now?

Regards,

Lee

I am absolutely not concerned at all.

I have ID's, models releases and all models are over 18

I think all the paperwork bullshit is just to pile it on when they do find someone shooting or publishing underage content. Which is fine with me. Throw the bastards in jail and lose the key!

I've yet to see anyone goto jail, or court, or pay a fine, for something filed incorrectly.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    I've yet to see anyone goto jail, or court, or pay a fine, for something filed incorrectly.
    Well, interestingly enough, if you file a document incorrectly under these new regulations, you stand to spend 5 years in jail... MINIMUM!

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Well, interestingly enough, if you file a document incorrectly under these new regulations, you stand to spend 5 years in jail... MINIMUM!

Regards,

Lee
    right it's a pile on regulation.

Nobody has, or will, goto jail solely on misfiled paperwork. They will goto jail for filming underage people, or publishing underage people, or promoting underage people, and not filing the paperwork correctly. I think that's a good thing. Throw the book at them!

Who was that mobster that wasn't thrown in jail for all the people he killed, but for tax evasion? Same concept.

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Nobody has, or will, goto jail solely on misfiled paperwork. They will goto jail for filming underage people, or publishing underage people, or promoting underage people, and not filing the paperwork correctly. I think that's a good thing. Throw the book at them!
    Cool stuff.

Looking forward to you being the case that tests your theory then

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Cool stuff.

Looking forward to you being the case that tests your theory then

Regards,

Lee
    OH thanks you can't put that on me, you'll be the first. good luck :luke:

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    With all the work the justice dept has going on, they aren't going to go after someone solely because there's some paperwork out of sorts. This is not only my opinion, but the opinion of my favorite 1st amendment lawyer (Chad), and Agent Joyner from the FBI also said that he felt it very unlikely there'd be any enforcement actions based solely on minor paperwork violations.

So... while keeping good records is important, I think that it would be near impossible to find a jury that would convict someone who runs a legal operation, keeps good records, and otherwise has everything together but makes some recordkeeping errors.

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    I've encountered three situations that have made obtaining documentation really difficult:

1) States that embed holograms in driver's licenses, making them hard to photograph or photocopy.

2) US Passports have a laminated layer of plastic over the photo, making them hard to photograph or photocopy.

3) States that allow individuals to wear caps/hats for their photo!

Which reminds me that I have asked before: (How) Can we have access to public records, such as DLs, IDs, PPs?

Camper than a row of tents
    I really like the option of hiring a third party to maintain records, which I assume could be a lawyer?

One of the things keeping me from starting up a paysite has been the fact that I work alone and don't have an office that I'm at all the time since I travel around a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by sc32803 View Post
    I really like the option of hiring a third party to maintain records, which I assume could be a lawyer?

One of the things keeping me from starting up a paysite has been the fact that I work alone and don't have an office that I'm at all the time since I travel around a lot.
    right hire a nobody in the depths of the Philippines to keep your records for less then $10 a month. lovely loophole, not that I'll be doing it but I'm sure many dubious people will :evil:

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar

Who was that mobster that wasn't thrown in jail for all the people he killed, but for tax evasion? Same concept.
    Al Capone. At my undergrad university in the accounting department was a poster that said "It took an accountant to send Al Capone to prison"

He went to Alcatraz after being convicted of tax evasion. He had syphilis and was deathly afraid of needles so he refused the treatment and died in prison of it.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    right hire a nobody in the depths of the Philippines to keep your records for less then $10 a month. lovely loophole, not that I'll be doing it but I'm sure many dubious people will :evil:
    I haven't read the details of that part of the regs yet. Do they really not specify that the custodian needs to be located in the US for a US-based business?

Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    I haven't read the details of that part of the regs yet. Do they really not specify that the custodian needs to be located in the US for a US-based business?
    I dont recall reading that, but i only skimmed through the regs.

Regards,

Lee

I still don't get how they're willing to accept a xerox of an ID as proof of age. They'd sure be hauling off a gas station clerk to jail who sold cigs or beer to a minor using a xerox'd driver's license.

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    I still don't get how they're willing to accept a xerox of an ID as proof of age. They'd sure be hauling off a gas station clerk to jail who sold cigs or beer to a minor using a xerox'd driver's license.
    Hold on a moment Bec, I think you are reading it wrong.

The original producer or photographer must actually physically inspect the ID. That producer makes a photocopy of the ID then sells the content to Webmaster. Webmaster can accept the photocopy.

The original producer who actually takes the photos cannot accept a photocopy of an ID.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!