Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Living Or Dead - Who Is One Person You Would Like To Meet?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Living Or Dead - Who Is One Person You Would Like To Meet?

If you had the opportunity to meet any person, real or fictional, living or dead, who would you like to meet and why?

For me, i think id actually like to meet someone like DaVinci, or a similar scholar from that period in time.

Just being able to say that you had met with someone that founded so many of todays principles when it came to the arts and science would be great.

So who would you like to meet up with, living, dead, real or fictional and why?

Regards,

Lee

for years, i'd have answered either quentin crisp or mae west.

Eunice Kathleen Waymon, because I'd like to hear her voice and witness her spirit discussing with me strange fruit, revolution, Porgy, sinnermen, exes and her evolution through life.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    I want to get Jesus and Mohammed in the same room and start out by saying, "Listen, you guys are responsible for the deaths of millions and the pain and suffering of millions more. You really fucking need to have a joint press conference and straighten this shit out!"
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise. maxx68's Avatar
    There's too many to name. I will say this...I would want to meet each person for different reasons, to ask them questions, to have sex with and to kill. So it really just depends on my mood and which personality I'm in that day.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I'd love to see this question asked of random people on the street just to see how many people say Jesus. Then ask them if they speak Arabic. Pretty short talk with Jesus there, don't ya think?

I would love to say I'm so deep that my choice would be some great humanitarian or a major historical figure, but really it would be Andy Warhol. The man has fascinated me since college, I've read most of his books and used to hang out at the Andy Warhol Museum when I lived in Pittsburgh. I even visited his grave.

As far as living people go, Stevie Nicks has been my single biggest inspiration, so I would love to meet her. I learned to write songs and poetry by deconstructing her lyrics and I taught myself to sing harmonies by watching a Fleetwood Mac documentary repeatedly that showed her and Lindsey Buckingham working on a song.

I've been so lucky to have met most of my other 'idols'. Whether to chat or just in passing. I've met John Waters, The B-52's, Cyndi Lauper, and many, many others. Working in a Hollywood hotel it actually gets a little old because you see celebs every day, but when someone you really like comes in it's hard to keep your composure. And here in LA there's always CD signings and ways to run into people. So, all in all, while I am still holding on to hopes that Ms. Nicks and I will cross paths, if I never meet her I really won't be able to complain.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by DonMike View Post
    I'd love to see this question asked of random people on the street just to see how many people say Jesus. Then ask them if they speak Arabic. Pretty short talk with Jesus there, don't ya think?
    It is actually even better (setting aside the assumption that Jesus would be omniscient so he would be able to speak any language)

Jesus spoke Aramaic, not Arabic. At the time Jesus was supposed to have been alive, Aramaic was purely a spoken language -- no written version. The first gospel was written no sooner than 15 years after his death and in Greek. So, since Jesus spoke Aramaic there was no way to write down exactly what he said, and when someone DID get around to writing it down, it was done in a different language AND at least 15 years after the fact.

SO, if my friend Diego decides to write the story of Chad's life 15 years from now, and he writes it in Spanish, do you think there would be any discrepancies between things I actually said and what he writes down??? Of course!

The gospels were passed down orally for decades before they were written down _in another language_. The word of Jesus?? Nobody really knows the truth. My opinion is that Jesus = Imaginary Friend
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by chadknowslaw View Post
    Jesus = Imaginary Friend

HATER!!!!

hee hee, just kidding. Yeah, I just knew it wasn't English. And even if it had been in English, look at works of literature that were written just one hundred years ago. People think Alice in Wonderland is bizarre and irreverent when they read it today but have no idea that the wording, phrasing, and events are all parodies of things that were going on in England at that time. So without knowing what was going on around the time the book was written it comes off as a lot of nonsense. Now take a book that was written hundreds of years ago in other languages, as Chad said, based on stories passed down orally, and you have a lot of misinformation. I knew a guy in college who said that Jesus was the first hippy. Just some dude who went around telling everyone to be nice to each other. Then, the people needed a messiah and the rest is history.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

I want to be a hippie. I just need to regrow hair~
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com

Latin Niche site - 50% Revshare!! MiamiB's Avatar
    Andy Warhol
    MiamiBoyz.com
    Online Since 1999!
    Make 50% initial signup AND 50% recurring![/B] http://www.MiamiBoyz.com
    NEW SITE TO PROMOTE - LatinPiss.com

I'm not gay; I'm British!
    Joe Dallesandro in his younger years, and we all know why...:powwow:

I think an afternoon with Alan Alda would be cool.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com

Quote Originally Posted by chadknowslaw View Post
    I think an afternoon with Alan Alda would be cool.
    Oh wow I just had to do a quick double take!

I thought I read you wanted to spend an afternoon IN Alan Alda!
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    Bucky Fuller.
    George Gurdjieff.
    Aleister Crowley.
    Alfred Korzybski.

Why? Cuz they were interesting thinkers, who had far wider influence on our times than most folks realize. Now that would be a hell of a party and a hell of a conversation.

Help I'm Lost!!
    Gene Roddenberry the creator of Star Trek for my non-geek brethren out there

He was pretty quick sneaking a SciFi show by the execs pitching it as a western in space

Also Vincent Price I still love watching his horror films even though they were in the days of low tech effects.