Thread: What Do You Think Of 'Razor' For A Name...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

What Do You Think Of 'Razor' For A Name...

Of a nightclub?

We're putting together some plans to open up a new nightclub in the New Year and we've been throwing club names around the last few days and im actually kind of stuck on 'Razor' for a name.

Do you think that would work well as a club name?

We have also thought about using the names, Equator, Circuit, Liquor, Steam and also, Radiance (which is a very close second to Razor for a name).

Regards,

Lee

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise. maxx68's Avatar
    Razor sounds cool, maybe edgy, definitely alternative. Hey are you gonna ivite us to your opening? If you need a big mean looking bouncer ( check this out for proof)give me a holla! LOL...

Making Pain Pay!
    I like the name.

Very edgy.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

Me likeee :luke:

Latin Niche site - 50% Revshare!! MiamiB's Avatar
    Well, you are in Daytona right? I used to live in Central Florida...there are not that many "cutting edge" clubs there...I moved to Miami and loved it. It is difficult in your market to make a gay club really work. I think that if you go for trendy but not to trendy (if you want trendy going to Miami is an easy drive away) that you need to keep it accessible to "open minded straights" and the gay crowd. The gay market for clubs in Daytona is not that big. Daytona is very straight (and red neck) as a rule. HEHE think Spring Break and Bike Week!

I do like the name however.
    MiamiBoyz.com
    Online Since 1999!
    Make 50% initial signup AND 50% recurring![/B] http://www.MiamiBoyz.com
    NEW SITE TO PROMOTE - LatinPiss.com

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiB View Post
    Well, you are in Daytona right? I used to live in Central Florida...there are not that many "cutting edge" clubs there...I moved to Miami and loved it. It is difficult in your market to make a gay club really work. I think that if you go for trendy but not to trendy (if you want trendy going to Miami is an easy drive away) that you need to keep it accessible to "open minded straights" and the gay crowd. The gay market for clubs in Daytona is not that big. Daytona is very straight (and red neck) as a rule. HEHE think Spring Break and Bike Week!

I do like the name however.
    Our old club was very cutting edge and was packed to capacity every weekend after we purchased it from the old owners, that was also when there were 4 other clubs/bars in town for people to go to.

Now, there is a total of 1 gay bar, all of the clubs have been closed because of mis-management by the owners of them, or the clubs building landlords wanting them out (as was our case).

We're looking strictly from a financial point of view right now, there is nowhere else for the gay men and women in Daytona and the surrounding areas to go to have a good time, we'd be the only place.

Regards,

Lee

WRONG!

Any self-respecting gay man would drive to Miami for the weekend! If Florida is the asshole of the world (and it is) then Daytona is the bleeding hemorrhoid of the world!

We (the boyfriend and I) would drive to Miami EVERY WEEKEND to avoid the vapid wasteland of central Florida.

You might not have competition but there is a reason for that...and the reason is that there is NO MARKET for what you are selling my friend.
    MiamiBoyz.com
    Online Since 1999!

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiB View Post
    You might not have competition but there is a reason for that...and the reason is that there is NO MARKET for what you are selling my friend.
    Okay, if you say so.

When did YOU last drive 300+ miles to go to a club for the night?

Regards,

Lee

I'm not gay; I'm British!
    Razor sounds good, but it all depends on what kind of club atmosphere you're going for. It's definently a cutting edge name that would fit well with a BDSM/Leather/Alternative club.

I like Radiance a bit more. I imagine it to be the complete opposite of a club named Razor. Something more laid back, and relaxing, like a day at the spa? Also reminds me of the Florida sun..

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Okay, if you say so.

When did YOU last drive 300+ miles to go to a club for the night?

Regards,

Lee
    Just my personal experience from being there. I have since been to 23 different countries and experienced gay clubs in all of them so I am not just blowing smoke out my ass.

I do wish you the best of course!
    MiamiBoyz.com
    Online Since 1999!

Oh to clear that up...we always stayed in Miami when we drove down from Daytona. Of course! Naturally you have a consumer base in Daytona that can not do that...but do you really want to just sell cheap beer?
    MiamiBoyz.com
    Online Since 1999!

I think a really well done club in Daytona is just what this area needs to shake things up a bit. It will also get some revenue back into the Daytona area. It's just a 45 minute drive from here at the Orlando House of Collegeboyslive. We are out doing club events with the performing groups of "The House of Adonis" and "The House of Infinity" on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays (no wonder I'm starting to look 50!) and I know the boys would love a bit of a change from the same three clubs week after week. I might even be able to stir some interest from the two performance groups. Keep us informed and I'll put a lil bug in Zac's ear (think Star Trek's Wrath of Khan LOL) and see what kind of responses I get from the boys.
    Best of luck and you always have our support, Lee! Happy Holidays.
    P.S. I like Razor. Radiance does sound like a "day spa", but that might be a cool twist on the standard club fare. You could have local masseurs set up to do 10 minute neck and back massages and may be a nail tech station where guests could get primped while having cocktails. There's a whole unique theme that could be worked out there and we all know how gay boys LOVE to be pampered!
    Video feeds and content available to webmasters:
    http://demo.collegeboyslive.com http://affiliates.collegeboyslive.com

Marketing Director-Orlando
    Collegeboyslive.com
    AIM: cbl chaz Orlando
    E-Mail: chaz@collegeboyslive.com

Razor is a good name, I like it too.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

I Blog Naked
    If you build it, they will come.

I like Razor.

Ft Lauderdale (Wilton Manors) is now better, and gayer than Miami.