Thread: So Is This The End Of PPS As We Know It?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

So Is This The End Of PPS As We Know It?

Now that MasterCard has stopped allowiing cross-sells, whether pre-checked or not, are we going to see PPS becoming a thing of the past?

I know most of the PPS sponsors use cross-sells on their join forms to off-set the costs of payouts to their affiliates.

Are we going to see a transition of these larger pay per signup programs where they actually start caring about putting content in their members areas instead of just packing them full of feeds and licensed 3rd party products?

It would now seem, that for PPS to remain in the industry, members areas are going to have to start retaining which means for a lot of affiliate programs they are seriously going to have to start doing some major overhauling of their sites.

Your thoughts, what is going to happen with PPS now that cross sales are dead, at least with MasterCard for the time being?

Regards,

Lee

How long have you been gay? Venom's Avatar
    i guess $40-50 and higher PPS will be dead soon if Visa accepts it too

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    i guess $40-50 and higher PPS will be dead soon if Visa accepts it too
    You know, im pretty sure that *SOME* companies could still offer $30-$50 PPS on trials, having seen some of the PPS site members areas out there that actually dont have more than just leased content and upsells inside them, there are a few programs that im sure make money based on retention alone.

The past few weeks ive been analysing my stats on Condom Cash and realistically, if i decided to i could potentially offer $25-$30 per sale based on a 100% first month payout judging by retention rates and still make a tidy sum of money.

I think we're going to see PPS in its current form completely disappear over the coming years and instead its going to be replaced with an enhanced revshare business model, where affiliates make much higher revshare payouts on initial transactions and lower recurring transactions.

Regards,

Lee