Thread: Do You 'Trust' Your Affiliate Reps?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? Do You 'Trust' Your Affiliate Reps?

To do the right thing by you?

Im noticing a few reps who have had multiple employers over the past few month seem to be saying a lot of stuff that they previously deemed 'wrong' is now 'right' because their current employer uses those business methods.

With this in mind, how much trust do you put in to the information affiliate reps give you when it comes to business related discussions on message boards and also when they tell you which of their sites you should be promoting?

Do you actually pay attention to the various company affiliate reps who do post actively on a range of industry boards and actually 'pay attention' to what they are saying so that when their current employer fires them and their next job ends you can get a clearer picture of just how trustable they are?

The other thing im noticing with some of these affiliate reps is that they become 'insta-experts' overnight about certain types of business models, even though they have never used them before, i dont know about you folks but to me that is always a concern.

Regards,

Lee

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise. maxx68's Avatar
    When you are new and just starting out, you kinda have no choice. I guess it ends up being a learn as you go process and you start to notice which reps actually know what they are doing and want to help.

I never understood companies that hire reps to help affiliates who don't know shit. Isn't it in the companies best interest to have reps that know what they are doing because I always assumed, knowledgeable reps + hard working affiliates = profits, but I could be wrong.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Max,

Most of the time yes, affiliate reps are hired because they are supposed to be helping the program who hired them make more money, unfortunately, many affiliate reps know how to talk-the-talk but very few these days can actually walk-the-walk.

After a few months you will get to know the reps who hop from one employer to another, they arent that hard to spot and once you notice them, you should question *WHY* they cant hold a job down as an affiliate rep for more than a month or two.

That being said, there are some very knowledgable reps working for some companies and these also stand out, they are the ones who dont spend all day posting on boards to help get their sigs seen or spending all day posting asking stupid questions that have aboslutely nothing to do with helping affiliates or the business side of things.

Many that are hired and given the 'affiliate rep' job title actually arent, they are hired to get their companies name out there and in the process, they talk themselves up so that when their existing employer fires them, they have anew mark to move on to.

Of course, more than just reps, other affiliates and webmasters i find are the most helpfull tool any of us can have when it comes to learning who to promote and how to promote them, building on their past experiences can be the difference between succeeding and failing when it comes to promoting certain sponsors or paysites.

Regards,

Lee

There are some really great affiliate reps out there and we've grown to know and love some of them over the years on this board

As an owner of mulitple sites I dunno if I'd trust an affiliate rep again that's worked, or is working, with other companies. I only had one affiliate rep in the past with Eddie K, now "owner?" of Xindustry jobs. He did a lot of us wrong but I know there are a few good reps out there who've built a reputation over the years of doing the right thing.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise. maxx68's Avatar
    Thanks good to know this stuff. Lee's been a real big help and I can understand why he is so successful (don't mean to be a kiss-ass or anything), I hope my other choices for sponsors have reps that are as helpful.

By the way...if anyone else has a program they own and are looking for affiliates PM me, Thanks.

Any decent man you ever get is gonna find out you're half dyke and RUN.
    The vast majority of aff reps don't know jack shit.. They know how to read a shit load of text they are given to help with aff questions and business models and that is about it !

A good aff rep is one who has worked as a webmaster / aff themselves prior to to obtaining the new employment status.. Me for one would say basic programing skills would be essential as a aff manager for a start off, Most cant even tell you what the linking formula is for aff id's and specific products FFS...

That's if they even reply to you in the first place !

I know one exception to the rule, where as the aff manager has no programing skills, but a true willingness to resolve the problem / question very quickly and find out how to.. to me that makes up for the lack of knowledge 10 fold..

Help I'm Lost!!
    I really like my reps Monica and Meghan from MovieDollars/HotMovies

They're always there to answer a question or get back to me in a few days. I haven't really promoted much more except for BritishBucks and IntenseCash both of who are also good.

Maybe I need to work with more affiliate co's to find some bad reps