Thread: Software considerations

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise. maxx68's Avatar

Software considerations

Hey...

I am considering purchasing two pieces of software: TGPX - TGP/MGP Management Software & LINKX - Link Directory Management Software.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Will you be using these software packages to run an actual tgp and link list or will it be used JUST for your sites and galleries?

If its going to be used only for your site, then you might want to download and try this free script i had written a few years ago...

http://www.gaywidewebmasters.com/fre...ts/faketgp.zip

Might do what you want for free

Regards,

Lee

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise. maxx68's Avatar
    Thanks Lee...

I purchased the two pieces of software and I am planning on using the LINKX software to create a "HUB" and provide a link from there to my gallery built with the TGPX software.

Thanks for the download though - Maxx

What I am thinking of doing is not allowing any submissions and propagating the sites with links from my sponsors, then maybe in 6 months or so letting others submit links/galleries to the respective sites.

I want to try and keep everything in-house as it were. At least this is what I'm thinking of doing, if anyone has an input I would appreciate it. Thanks

linkx is a great program. it's much more powerful than it is advertised to be, although there is a learning curve if you want to get creative, and you'll probably find yourself contacting jeremy a few times. and just so you know, his answers aren't always exactly correct.

my partner was who dealt with our changes. the last thing he added was pagination, but he also made it do a lot of things that weren't listed on jmbsoft. there were a few times when he was probably pounding his head on his keyboard, but for sheer value, linkx totally rocks

btw, will your tgp be trading?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Will you be using these software packages to run an actual tgp and link list or will it be used JUST for your sites and galleries?

If its going to be used only for your site, then you might want to download and try this free script i had written a few years ago...

http://www.gaywidewebmasters.com/fre...ts/faketgp.zip

Might do what you want for free

Regards,

Lee
    Thanks Lee...