Thread: Non Nude Fetish Related Sites?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Non Nude Fetish Related Sites?

I was wondering what your folks thoughts were when it came to fetish websites that didnt show nudity, for example...

http://www.wet-skater.de/Pic_des_Monats.html

Is a wet fetish site where the guys dont get naked, they just play around in water.

Do you think a selection of websites featuring no nudity at all but all being specific to a particular niche like this site does would work well in the adult industry, even if they didnt have many actual pics/vids in them?

I have had a site called Wet Males for about 12-18 months now and it pulls in regular sales however, it features naked men fucking, sucking, jacking off in bath tubs, showers, swimming pools etc, i was wondering if i should also work on a non nude version for surfers with more differing tastes?

What are your thoughts, would totally non nude, not showing any 'flesh' at all work for sites that were specific, such as water play, mud play, food play, etc?

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I've said this many times in the past but it's been a while, so here from your resident kinkster and sex freak is my opinion on this subject.

If you are going to do anything regarding fetishes, know your subject well. A site for wet guys with just photos of wet guys might do well, but if you really want a high retention you find out everything you can about the fetish and work with it. This is a specific type of marketing. I've never seen an entire site work the way Bound Gods does. A lot of leather video companies and websites try to target the curiosity the average gay man has about leather, so the scenes are usually not involved. The people at Kink.com know their stuff. And they got the right people to work with for their gay site. There's a psychology behind bdsm. It's not all clothing and flash. If you build a site about wet guys find out if there's a certain type of wet guy most of your members like. Have a place for them to chat with each other about their interest in wet guys. Research Yahoo groups or other social networking sites geared for wet guys to see what kind of discussions are going on. Get some talented writers to have some erotica about wet guys, making sure to write about the things the wet guy fetishist gets turned on by.

Basically, if you're going to target a small group of people, you need to court them. You need to please them and make them happy and they'll stick around forever. But give them a shoddy bit of fluff that has some almost general photos that barely touch on their fetish and they'll poke around a bit then leave in frustration.

This rant has been provided as my personal opinion speaking as someone who works for an adult company and someone who searches for the rare websites that I myself might enjoy. I'm looking at things from both sides of the coin. But keep in mind this is my own opinion and nothing more. Thank you. :coffee:
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Don,

Im in total agreement with you there, a lot of companies really dont research the sites they are putting out, i forget who it was but a couple of years ago some straight program launched a gay asian paysite and used all kinds of religious symbols on it, ones that would quite frankly outrage any asian viewers or those that were 'into' that niche.

There is definitely more to launching a paysite than just throwing up some pics and videos, thankfully though, not to many companies understand this, which makes my job at selling site memberships easier

Im currently working on a site i think i spoke to you about late last year, hogtied guys, finally at the stage where i think i have enough content to justify launching a site and have finally gotten to the stage where things like the knots, type of rope being used is actually starting to make sense to me

Might even end up trying it myself just to 'experience' it from an enthusiasts point of view

Regards,

Lee

Cool deal, Lee. Just remember, don't let anyone you don't fully trust tie you up. And if you're tying someone else up, especially with rope, find someone who has a lot of experience to guide you. A few leather straps is one thing but if you get some poor guy all knotted up and he has a panic attack or you're cutting off his circulation, you don't want to be knee deep in knots you can't undo quickly. The best rope bondage doesn't involve many knots at all, and those are usually ones you can tug a certain way and they'll come totally undone in flash. And just in case, always have a pair of safety scissors handy. Those are the ones with one flat edge that goes against the body so you don't slice someone open while trying to cut them lose. When it comes to advanced BDSM just remember, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of legal fees.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

i think what you need to know depends on the fetish involved. for example, a site packed with cute guys wearing socks can do great, and your text doesn't have to be all that involved. ditto guys in speedos, although to be fair, showing a hard bulge in a speedo can be considered lascivious exhibition of genitals.

i have a friend who made a site packed with sexy chicks with long fingernails, and i hear that does great.

Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    i have a friend who made a site packed with sexy chicks with long fingernails, and i hear that does great.
    I think I now know what a guy feels when he sees someone getting kicked in the nuts .... that's just plain painful to think about LOL

Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    i think what you need to know depends on the fetish involved. for example, a site packed with cute guys wearing socks can do great, and your text doesn't have to be all that involved. ditto guys in speedos, although to be fair, showing a hard bulge in a speedo can be considered lascivious exhibition of genitals.

You do have a point. Sometimes a collection of photos and/or videos is enough, depending on the fetish. But all too often people assume that's all that is needed for a good fetish site and throw up anything they can find. I love guys who are totally shaved from the neck down and a site that has just that would be nice. But if you had video cilps of guys getting shaved in various situations, stories about it, maybe chat room for guys to talk about it, now that's a site I would spend my time and money on.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

We run a twink foot fetish site, boysfeetclub.com, which has always performed pretty well and typically had pretty amazing retention... yet neither AJ nor I have a foot fetish. My former business partner Ryan did, which is how we ended up with the site, but AJ and I have managed to learn what the foot fetish people seem to like, and are able to produce content that people enjoy... so I think it's definitely easier to have a successful fetish site if you have and understand the fetish, but I also think you can pull it off without personal attraction to the fetish if you take the time to really learn it.