Thread: Thumbnail Generation Software Question...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Thumbnail Generation Software Question...

Okay this may sound like a stupid question but...

Right now im using Thumbnailer from Smaller Animals to create thumbs for my sites however, im not really sure if it can generate thumbs that are equally sized in both height and width, if it can, does anyone know what the setting are to enable me to do this?

If it cant, does anyone know of a software application to make thumbs that can be equal in height/width even if the full sized image isnt, for example, making a thumb that is 200x200 from a pic that is 800x600 in original size?

Regards,

Lee

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    Arles will do that.

Bill,

Any idea if i can set the parameters of how it will crop the image?

For example, it wont just automatically crop from the top right of the image, i can tell it to crop it kind of sensibly from the center, etc?

Regards,

Lee

How long have you been gay? Three hundred and sixty-five had come and went
    Don't know if that's what you are looking for but I'm using 110 x 110 thumbs for 800 x 600 originals on some of my websites. Settings are: resize method = auto crop, width = 110, height = 110. That should do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by attis View Post
    Don't know if that's what you are looking for but I'm using 110 x 110 thumbs for 800 x 600 originals on some of my websites. Settings are: resize method = auto crop, width = 110, height = 110. That should do the job.
    Attis,

Do you know if the auto crop choose part of the image from a specific area on the larger pic to create the thumbs?

Im wanting to avoid (as much as possible) having thumbs created all from the same 100x100 area in the top left of the full sized image, whih basically will only grab background LOL

Regards,

Lee

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Any idea if i can set the parameters of how it will crop the image?

For example, it wont just automatically crop from the top right of the image, i can tell it to crop it kind of sensibly from the center, etc?
    Well, it's limitation is that it will only crop from the center - but it does okay with that.

I'm watching this thread to see if anyone has made a new thumbnailing tool that offers even greater flexibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Attis,

Do you know if the auto crop choose part of the image from a specific area on the larger pic to create the thumbs?

Im wanting to avoid (as much as possible) having thumbs created all from the same 100x100 area in the top left of the full sized image, whih basically will only grab background LOL

Regards,

Lee
    You know, I think I have seen a thumbnailer that lets you tell it where to grab from, and damned if I can remember which one at the moment. I'll post back here if I remember where I saw it.