Thread: Mercury Retrograde Dates for 2009

Mercury Retrograde Dates for 2009

Mercury in Retro occurs in 2009 on the following dates:

Jan 12 - goes direct Feb 1 -- You have time to do your Backups!!! Reminder!

May 8 - goes direct May 30

Sept 8 - goes direct Sept 29

Dec 27 - goes direct Jan 15, 2010

So mark your calendars and schedule your new sites, contract signings, project finalizations, etc during the non-retro phase that will best benefit what you're planning for 2009! Think of the in retro phases as blackout dates for doing or buying anything new, signing of legal documents, contracts etc should be avoided. Use a retro period to clean up old projects, get things organized, lay low kind of mentality.

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'
    Does this stuff really work?

Im not really in to all of that astrology stuff but a lot of my friends swear by it. I guess i am more of a scientific mind instead of voodoo type information.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Does this stuff really work?

Im not really in to all of that astrology stuff but a lot of my friends swear by it. I guess i am more of a scientific mind instead of voodoo type information.

You'll find a lot of very big business corporations pay close attention to when Mercury is in Retrograde. I don't consider myself to be voodoo oriented either, but past and present experience proves to me retro does affect my life.

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Could you give a little more explanation on what "Mercury in retrograde" means?? I have heard it a lot but never figured out what happens to make Mercury in retrograde~
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by chadknowslaw View Post
    Could you give a little more explanation on what "Mercury in retrograde" means?? I have heard it a lot but never figured out what happens to make Mercury in retrograde~
    I think its something like when you get Klingons circling around Uranus

Regards,

Lee

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    And for some reason i just had to post this link....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCARADb9asE

LOL

Regards,

Lee

You may actually enjoy this person's view on Mercury in Retro

http://itotd.com/articles/271/mercury-retrograde/

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor.
    Quote Originally Posted by chadknowslaw View Post
    I don't put credence in astrology but I do have a tendency to acquire random facts so I think I can explain it factually well enough. All of the planets, including Earth, have approximately circular orbits but they don't all circle the sun in lockstep...each has its solar "year", the time it takes the planet to completely circle the sun. So the relative positions of planets to each other will vary widely. Mercury may be between us and the sun or on the opposite side of the sun at any point during our solar year. Because Mercury and Venus orbit closer to the sun, in a smaller circle than our own orbit, they can never appear more than a small number of degrees away from the sun to us (in other words, they always appear to be travelling very close to the sun from our perspective). At various times during the year, because of our own orbital velocity as well as Mercury's relative position and orbital velocity, it occasionally appears that it is moving backwards along its orbit...in reality, it continues forward but we are overtaking it so it seems to be reversing direction from our perspective.