Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idle Domains and White Label Opportunities

Idle Domains and White Label Opportunities

I've started to load up some of my idle sites with various appropriate- to- the- domain- name white label programs. IE: sugarcash dvd rentals to a rental domain, VideoSecrets whitel label cam to some cam based domains, VOD on some cinema names I own, and so on. Was wondering how many others are doing this and if you have any results to share?

I know Lee is big on the park at Sedo and cash the checks .... but I'd hope a "real" program on a domain would fair better. Any opinions or facts to support or trash that theory?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Im actually in the process of testing http://www.domainplayersclub.com out right now should have some good stats in another few weeks but so far, targeting adult domains to adult content, really hasnt yielded as much as i thought it would.

Im also working on setting up some basic parking script of my own that i can use to load a page across all the domains on a server if they are unused to see how well that fairs, but thats not going to be ready for a while yet.

So far, i know i really do sound like a broken record but Sedo really is the best, most profitable place i have found to use for domain parking revenues.

Regards,

Lee

Now, I find it hard to believe I'm the only one here using a sponsor's white label option for marketing with.... No one else has anything to contribute?

GWW Community Member
    I've thought about using the VS White Label, but I haven't seen many sales from promoting them in traditional ways, which seems odd since I've heard that may other affiliates do great with VS. Personally I think free cam sites are chipping away at pay cam sites like VS so I'm not sure its worth the effort for me to build entire sites around them.

For my "parked" domains I've been working on setting up some mini-sites... blogs that have about 10 quality posts with sponsor links in the footer and sidebars. These take me about two hours to set up so I plan to see how some of these do for my parked domains. If I make one or two sales a year from these it's worth it.

thanks to you Bec, I just setup my first whitelabel with VS...perhaps I can report back in a month or so
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

Help I'm Lost!!
    I use Hotmovies white label for my movies domains. It's worked very well their sites are SEO friendly and you can make modifications.

Just parking a domain you really can't optimize the page to get more traffic. Plus I prefer my recurring revenue than some checks for clicks I might get

Quote Originally Posted by msm View Post
    For my "parked" domains I've been working on setting up some mini-sites... blogs that have about 10 quality posts with sponsor links in the footer and sidebars. These take me about two hours to set up so I plan to see how some of these do for my parked domains. If I make one or two sales a year from these it's worth it.

So you feel a small site using Wordpress as a CMS instead of a constantly updating blog would return more sales than a cam or VOD site? Part of me thinks you may be right ... we'll have to see how things go here over a month or so and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by HunkMoneyLuke View Post
    thanks to you Bec, I just setup my first whitelabel with VS...perhaps I can report back in a month or so
    That's cool ... what domain did you do one up on? Mine is at www.livetwinkshows.com

ps: did you figure out how to change the footer link colors??

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise. maxx68's Avatar
    Okay be patient with me, I'm new...:embarassed:

What's a white label?

Help I'm Lost!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    So you feel a small site using Wordpress as a CMS instead of a constantly updating blog would return more sales than a cam or VOD site? Part of me thinks you may be right ... we'll have to see how things go here over a month or so and report back.
    A constantly updating blog will do better than a static site with a few posts. Search Engines react more to regularly updated content.

I'm from SEO/SEM world in my former life. We updated our blog weekly and had a few writers for the job.

I know most people don't have a staff but I believe the RSS feeds for blogs helps that along.

Help I'm Lost!!
    Quote Originally Posted by maxx68 View Post
    Okay be patient with me, I'm new...:embarassed:

What's a white label?
    Hi Maxx

Think back to the those generic white and blue labled cans in the super market.

White label is basically a copy of a site that you can put your own header on and manipulate the site somewhat that appears under your domain but not hosted. Instead you'll point the domain to whatever affiliate co your working with.

Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    That's cool ... what domain did you do one up on? Mine is at www.livetwinkshows.com

ps: did you figure out how to change the footer link colors??
    its a straight site: http://adultxxxcams.com
    i did this one in a few minutes with only a minor bit of customization (the logo), but it still looks really good!
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

Quote Originally Posted by HunkMoneyLuke View Post
    its a straight site: http://adultxxxcams.com
    i did this one in a few minutes with only a minor bit of customization (the logo), but it still looks really good!

That does look nice. I'll have to go back in and see if I can change my footer link colors, if not, I may adjust the bkg color in that pic area so they don't look so weird. You posting yours to that gfy contest thread VS put up?

GWW Community Member
    I have some blogs that I update on a regular basis but I also bought some domain names for things I'm not really into (like trannies), so rather than trying to keep these updated I just set up a static mini-site with 10 or so posts. Doing this is new to me so I have no stats yet but it seems like this idea will be as good or better than using Sedo for a parked domain.

(By the way, if you're wondering why I bought domains for things that don't interest me its because I thought up some clever names that were available and I figured I could always sell them later.)

Quote Originally Posted by msm View Post
    (By the way, if you're wondering why I bought domains for things that don't interest me its because I thought up some clever names that were available and I figured I could always sell them later.)

hhehee --- haven't we all?!? Hence the white label sites to keep them busy trying to make back the $10 reg fee!