Thread: Ricky Gervais compares being fat to being gay

GWW Community Member

Ricky Gervais compares being fat to being gay

Ricky Gervais is in a bit of trouble over some remarks he made about fat people. I love the response on his blog:

"I heard someone on the radio once say that they were tired of the prejudice aimed at the overweight. They said something like "you're not allowed to make fun of gay people, so why are you allowed to make fun of fat people? It's the same thing."

It's not the same thing though, is it? Gay people are born that way. They didn't work at becoming gay. Fat people became fat because they would rather be that way than stop eating so much. They had to eat and eat to get fat. Then, when they were fat they had to keep up the eating to stay fat. For gayness to be the same as fatness, gay people would have to start off straight but then ween themselves onto cock. Soon they're noshing all day getting gayer and gayer. They've had more than enough cock... they're full... they're just sucking for the sake of it. Now they're overgay, and frowned upon by people who can have the occasional cock but not over indulge.

When a doctor tells me that that's how you become gay, I'll stop making jokes about fat people."

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Ricky Gervais cracks me up, he used to live about 5 minutes from me when i lived in the UK and we'd drink at the same local bar, he was ALWAYS making people laugh.

If you havent seen it yet, check out his comedy special, it is funny as all hell.

Regards,

Lee

let's pretend we're bunny rabbits
    Wow, Lee you know(ish) Ricky Gervais? He's effing awesome. I'm a big Extras fan.

Msm: While I agree it's not a fair comparison, I have to speak up and say that not all fat people can help it, I know it's cliche to say, but sometimes it's just a glandular issue or something with personal metabolism. So, yes, some fat people are really 'born that way'. Some.

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise. maxx68's Avatar
    I like Ricky. I was born Gay & I was born with fat glands!

~ Thumb Post Media ~ CharlieBrown's Avatar
    the office rocks, have 2 seasons of Extras as well in my unseen dvd's stack :high:

GWW Community Member
    Lazer, I in no way meant to insult fat people. I agree with your comment. I just wanted to share RG's words since I thought they were hilarious.

Lee, what TV special are you referring to? Is it on now?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Its on HBO, below is the schedule...

http://www.hbo.com/apps/schedule/Sch...OCUS_ID=662450

Regards,

Lee