Thread: Do You Beleive When You See Sponsors Posting...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Do You Beleive When You See Sponsors Posting...

That their conversion rates are 1:100, 1:200 etc?

I mean seriously, i can think of relatively few sponsors that actually consistently have affiliate traffic converting at those numbers today, in fact, whilst i have a few affiliates on Condom Cash who will convert at 1:75 very rarely for about a week, the typical conversion ratio across all of our sites averaged out is in the region of 1:400-1:600

Do you beleive when sponsors tell you they convert at 1:100 or less consistently?

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I think if a sponsor says they ALWAYS convert at 1:200 they are probably not being truthful. But if they're saying their overall average is 1:100 or 1:200, I can believe that.

For example, we have a lot of affiliates that convert at better than 1:100 consistently, but at the opposite end, we have some affiliates sending junk traffic that converts at 1:5000, and a couple that convert 1:1000. But our overall is still less than 1:200... and of course, as you know, it all depends on what sort of traffic a given sponsor is getting from his affiliates. If somebody sends us college boy traffic it probably won't convert very well. If they send us bear traffic, I'd be shocked if it converted at anything better than 1:5000. But if they send us twink traffic, it's not at all uncommon to see 1:60 or 1:75 even after several months.

Of course, like anything else, I suspect that some sponsors lie just to get more affiliates... but that's rather short sighted because once affiliates realize that a site doesn't convert, they drop it and rarely try it again.

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    Never.

People always lie about money, sex and power - basic rule of life.

Applies to ratios too.

You could say it's not really lying - just selective presentation and a bit of memory-editing. But the bottom line is it's not really useful data.

It's selling.

our conversion rate is 1:1 for surfers that have had their sale approved by our biller
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

What do you consider 'good sex'? rawTOP's Avatar
    I'd believe it for some sponsors. I have a couple that are consistently under 1:100, but they're products, not sites. Then there are a couple of sites that are under 1:200, and a few just over that number. I can believe those sites get under 1:100 with different types of traffic, but not sure if I'd believe it as an average.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Do you beleive when sponsors tell you they convert at 1:100 or less consistently?
    Some I believe yes, but what really annoys me are the same sponsors that, year after year, every time sales are slow, always post about having a great week, or better then average, and when sales are rockin for everyone they always post they are having a record week or month. :bush:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

It's why I never tell people my conversion ratios.

They don't stay static, they change depending on who's sending traffic that week and nobody would believe me anyway.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    Some I believe yes, but what really annoys me are the same sponsors that, year after year, every time sales are slow, always post about having a great week, or better then average, and when sales are rockin for everyone they always post they are having a record week or month. :bush:
    I have noticed a lot of this in the past month or two everyone says they have lower sales than usual and someone will post saying they had the best month ever. I think most of the time it is being done to attract new webmasters to a certain program though and not being done honestly.