Thread: So There Is This Really Fucking Irritating Chirping Noise...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

So There Is This Really Fucking Irritating Chirping Noise...

Coming from inside the house somewhere and its been happening for the last week now but neither of us can find out where the hell it is coming from.

Its totally a 'digital' chirp and not something natural but we've checked everything we can think of and its still happening.

It actually sounds like its coming from the office on the other side of the house but we totally cut the power in the office a couple of days ago for a few hours and every now and again we'd still hear this damned noise.

Anyone have any suggestions on how we can actually find out whats making this sound?

We have literally checked every peice of electronics equipment we can think of and its driving us crazy!

Regards,

Lee

Maybe it's my absurd paranoia, but if it was my house, I'd walk into the office and say loudly 'I know you're listening, and I do all my conspiring in sign language!'

Seriously, that is weirdness. Do you think it might be a smoke detector? Some of them make obnoxious chirps when their batteries are getting low.

my mom recently had this problem. turned out her battery backup was about to die and it was chirping once in a while to let her know but not chirping often enough for us to easily find what was doing it. also might check your smoke detectors for low batteries or - if they are plugged in - for needing you to do the periodic test.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Sweet, it actually looks like it was the smoke detector we had in the office doorway, thanks, would have never thought about checking that LOL

Regards,

Lee

The first time I had a place of my own and my smoke detector did that it scared the ever-living shit out of me. It didn't help that I got dragged to the Mothman Prophecies earlier that evening and was already jumping at shadows,