Thread: How Are You Currently Linking Between Your Own Sites?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

How Are You Currently Linking Between Your Own Sites?

I was wondering how you folks were currently feeding link popularity amongst your own sites at the moment?

I was just checking a few of the boards i posted on when i first started in the industry and found a project that a few people started back in 2000 that actually worked quite well and i was wondering if this is something that may be workable today.

However, before posting it, i was wondering how everyone linked to their own internal sites at the present time, whether you used text, graphics or a mixture of both?

Regards,

Lee

GWW Community Member
    I just include some of my sites in my blogroll list, mixed in with other blogs I've shared links with. But I do try to do that a-b-c linking thing. Not sure if I have it right though.

Well the problem with ABC linking is that it pretty much stopped working a few years back, the whole concept being linking your sites to one another is to make it easier for Googlebot to find sites that are linked together easily, not make it harder for Google to realize what sites are linking to/from each other.

In fact, some big named mainstream SEO experts actually beleive that A-B-C linking will actually do more harm than good when it comes to an overall SEO strategy.

The concept being, Google has openly acknowledged in the past that sites with lots of inbound links but no outbound links to those sites linking to them will be penalized so basically every inbound link you have, should have an outbound link also whenever possible.

Tried and true recip linking along with a structured navigation on a website is going to give you much better rankings in any seach engine than trying to trick them with A-B-C linking, again, if you make it easier for the SEs robot to crawl and find the links on your site, its going to rank your site higher.

Regards,

Lee

Looking for content ;)
    as they are all in the same niche etc i just make sure that all the sites link to each other and my toplist.. beyound that i dont do anything special..

What is ABC linking?

I give hard links to my sites via banners.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Squirt,

Its basically a method some dolt came up with to try and cheat Google in to thinking sites had more inbound links than they actually had, shortly after this method become popular Google announced that they were going to start banning paid links because thats pretty much how ABC linking works, sites link in to one another but get no links back.

Site A links to Site B which links to site C without having any return links.

There are some more complicated methods of ABC linking including missing out linking to Site B or Site C but to be honest, the simplest way of looking at it is that it is a way to get blacklisted in Google.

Regards,

Lee

Ok thanks for that!

It's so much easier just doing it all the right way :corncob:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise. maxx68's Avatar
    This is why I love this forum...knowledge put forth by knowledgeable people. Works for me!

GWW Community Member
    I'm surprised to hear that about ABC linking because on other forums it seems to still be recommended. I'll have to look into that more.

I'm still not sure I understand: if I have 30 of my own blogs and have links to 100 or so sponsors on each one, am I supposed to list all my blogs on all my sites, plus get 70 more reciprocal links on each to balance out all my outbound sponsor links?