Thread: Do you save personal files on your adult server?

GWW Community Member

Do you save personal files on your adult server?

I was thinking about using one of those free on-line file storage services to upload some files that I can access on different PCs in different locations. Then I had a "duh" moment and thought "Why not just upload them to my adult hosting account?" I can access that anywhere. True, it will take up more drive space, but I have loads of that.

Is this a common practice among webmasters or am I missing something important? Or is there a better way to accomplish my file sharing goals?

I've never kept important stuff on a hosting server just in case of a hack or server crash, but lots of people do and seem to have no problem with it.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    No.

Thats what they invented external hard drives for.

My servers are for business only, so thats what they get used for, we do however have 2 portable hard drives packed full of personal documents, etc that are locked in our firesafe.

Regards,

Lee

GWW Community Member
    I'm trying to avoid lugging external hard drives around.

LiveTwinksCam.com LiveTwinksCam's Avatar
    Odd post. Do whatever you want with your servers. If it works for you, then great.
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Add HOT Live Feeds to your site!
    www.LiveTwinksCam.com/webmasters.html

LiveTwinksCam.com LiveTwinksCam's Avatar
    To answer your question. I don't store anything personal on my business servers. They are just for business.
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Add HOT Live Feeds to your site!
    www.LiveTwinksCam.com/webmasters.html

I like cocks better than you!
    Lee,
    I just bought a 4GB flash drive from Circuit City. It hooks onto my keychain. Why not use something like that? You don't need power, every computer I would think has a USB port on it. And you can access it anywhere and it fits right in your pocket. No cords, no power, you'd always have it with you. Just my $0.02

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    We have had so many drive failures with external drives that we use them only for transport, very temporary storage (backed up elsewhere) and that sort of thing. At this moment, I have a pile of 15 external drives of which about 5 work. And that's after throwing away a bunch a few months ago. I'd never store anything crucial on a portable for that reason.

I have a server for our web hosting customers (nonadult) which has a couple of personal domains, and I store some data there (stuff I might need when away from home), but mostly I keep stuff on one of our RAID arrays, and additionally, on backup tape stored offsite.

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'
    Another vote for 'no' here i dont feel safe keeping my personal infos on the internet where anyone could access them especially when you hear about servers being hacked all the time.