Thread: I want to make $50 more per day

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.

I want to make $50 more per day

2008 was a good year. Up appreciably from 2007. Dec 2008 was a percentage point or two lower than Dec 2007 - but then on Jan 2 one partner posted all sorts of sales that must have been orders made a day or two before NYE, so the numbers for 2008 are skewed a bit into 2009.

Anyway, I'm thinking I could use an extra $50 per day, to raise my lifestyle to the next level in my travel adventures.

Short of Lee and HDKBill sending me some ePassporte crumbs from their overflowing tables, I'm thinking there must be something simple and easy to hook on to.

You know you get to the point where stuff you do reaches the glass ceiling, and that's what it's going to be. And then you look to add something more...

Since I produce and webmaster, I can maybe promote a program, maybe get some webmasters to promote me, or...?

For webmasters who promote sponsor's programs, how many of you have thought of promoting some of the fun gay and otherwise nude male content on Amazon.com ?

Amazon.com pays affiliate rev share. They call it "Associates". You get paid per purchase - not only on stuff you promote, but the other wonderful stuff they sell - as long as the cookie sits untouched on the customer's harddrive.

I like having my DVDs and paperback booklets of photos there.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw...t=-releasedate

http://www.Amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw...&sort=daterank

You can do a keyword search on gay and nude and other possibilities, or look at some of my titles, which Amazon then shows "related" products by other studios.

If you're looking for something new and additional to promote, with the side benefit of millions of products to possibly also earn from, check out being an Amazon Associate, by putting up a blog or soft core (censored genitalia or not) fan site and attract some eyes and clicks.

Then I need to put on my thinking cap as well.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    You know that glass ceiling actually is REALLY annoying when you hit it, im not sure if its a 'real' ceiling in terms of sales vs. work put in or, if its some kind of mental thing but for the last 2 years ive been trying to break through our current ceiling when it comes to sales per day and no matter how hard i have tried i havent been able to break it.

When i first started, i aimed for 3 new sales a day, then that went to 5, then 10, then 15, then 20 and it went up incrementally from there.

Its demoralizing after a while or not hitting your new target but, its also good in the fact that it gives me something to reach for and someday i will break through our current daily sales which will actually give me a nice positive mental boost encouraging me to work harder for my next target.

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    You know that glass ceiling actually is REALLY annoying when you hit it, im not sure if its a 'real' ceiling in terms of sales vs. work put in or, if its some kind of mental thing but for the last 2 years ive been trying to break through our current ceiling when it comes to sales per day and no matter how hard i have tried i havent been able to break it.

When i first started, i aimed for 3 new sales a day, then that went to 5, then 10, then 15, then 20 and it went up incrementally from there.

Its demoralizing after a while or not hitting your new target but, its also good in the fact that it gives me something to reach for and someday i will break through our current daily sales which will actually give me a nice positive mental boost encouraging me to work harder for my next target.

Regards,

Lee

You could always try adding a couple more tour pages to your sites and see if that boosts the sales :shades:

Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    You could always try adding a couple more tour pages to your sites and see if that boosts the sales :shades:
    Im talking about other sponsors sites not my own

Regards,

Lee

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    why is there such a glass ceiling? I am stuck wich my current amount of users and can not raise it beyond a certain mark...
    :-D

Any decent man you ever get is gonna find out you're half dyke and RUN.
    IMHO you should all be thankful for what you have, when there is so many other's out there that work just as hard but have not.

I think the term is called "greed" ...

Quote Originally Posted by Andyr View Post
    I think the term is called "greed" ...
    Actually its called 'business growth'

Regards,

Lee

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'
    I would be happy to make just $50 per day right now im making about $200 a week so i hope soon i can add to that

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise. maxx68's Avatar
    I want it all damn it! I want to be King of the World - Or Queen, depending what day it is!

Seriously though...I just want to be able to help family. I don't want my Mom to have to worry about bills anymore, be able to have those pesky medical procedures she needs and be somewhat happy for the rest of her days.

I'd like to help my Step-dad so he can stop working in Iraq and get some damn teeth!

Have money to help put my sister someplace where she can't hurt anymore people...Joke!

You get the picture.

I'm grateful I have been able to overcome my mental illness and get to a point where I can even have this conversation, but now I'm ready to start earning.

3.5 years is a long time to try and get something that's somewhat profitable, but I keep a optimistic attitude and just keep pluggin along!

I'm not Gay...Not that there's anything wrong with that.... EmporerEJ's Avatar
    Political subdivision United States, Continent North America, Planet Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
    Frankly, I'm stymied by the gay market.
    Our Product, the Virtual Sex Machine, has been on the market for 9 years now. Over that time, I've had multiple requests for a "Gay version." I designed it with a "Gay version" in mind. But I've had little success finding a content supplier in the gay side of the market. Allot of people talk about it, but nobody will ever step up with actual content they can license.

Sure, we could license generic, retread content, for pennies. But, that's not what we are looking for. We're looking for a "personable" content partner. We like to promote the star, for the one on one experience for our customers.

So, I just assumed everyone on the Gay side of the industry was making more money than they knew what to do with.

:thumbsup:

Eric J. White
    VirtualSexMachine.com

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'
    Quote Originally Posted by EmporerEJ View Post
    So, I just assumed everyone on the Gay side of the industry was making more money than they knew what to do with.

:thumbsup:
    or maybe they just didnt want to work with a straight company?

I'm not Gay...Not that there's anything wrong with that.... EmporerEJ's Avatar
    Political subdivision United States, Continent North America, Planet Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    or maybe they just didnt want to work with a straight company?
    That's an interesting notion. Why would that be?
    sounds like a little reverse "bashing" to me?
    I've never had any problems working with Gay people. Why should they have a problem with me?

Eric J. White
    VirtualSexMachine.com