Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: epoch terminates some accounts

epoch terminates some accounts

interesting xbiz article: http://www.xbiz.com/news/all/103528

Epoch Sends 24-Hour Termination Notices to Several Adult Clients
    Letters would make all active members, rebills void within one business day

..."Epoch takes its processing seriously and is in business to protect its clients and portfolio of clients to ensure everyone stays in business for the long term," Pate told XBIZ.
    good to see they are serious about their strict processing requirements and will kill off a couple of bad apples to help save all others
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    stating it will cease providing processing services within 24 hours for unspecified reasons.
    it will not state the specific reason for termination.
    would not comment on the specifics of the letter.
    Sounds like business as usual for Epoch $0.02

Regards,

Lee

I like cocks better than you!
    We were dropped by Epoch because we were not a high volume account. In our termination letter it said that they have the right to terminate accounts at any time for "just cause."
    We signed up to accept Visa with Epoch. 2 months had passed, we did not hear anything what so ever. So we inquired, nobody knew. Another month had passed, still nothing. So the 4th month, JJ got a little upset with Epoch on the phone. A week later we were Visa accepted.
    2 weeks later a certified letter came from Adrians Dulich their "in House Counsel" that terminated us for just cause.
    We called in an immediate conference call (myself, JJ, Phil). They said because we are not processing over $150,000 a year we are considered a low volume client. So they dropped us and issued us a 30 day termination notice.

We went back to CCBill. We've been with CCBill now for about a year and a half. No complaints what so ever. In fact, I believe CCBill is better for us.

Big Hands/Big Feet=Expensive shoes & gloves!
    Quote Originally Posted by derekt View Post
    We were dropped by Epoch because we were not a high volume account. In our termination letter it said that they have the right to terminate accounts at any time for "just cause."
    We signed up to accept Visa with Epoch. 2 months had passed, we did not hear anything what so ever. So we inquired, nobody knew. Another month had passed, still nothing. So the 4th month, JJ got a little upset with Epoch on the phone. A week later we were Visa accepted.
    2 weeks later a certified letter came from Adrians Dulich their "in House Counsel" that terminated us for just cause.
    We called in an immediate conference call (myself, JJ, Phil). They said because we are not processing over $150,000 a year we are considered a low volume client. So they dropped us and issued us a 30 day termination notice.

We went back to CCBill. We've been with CCBill now for about a year and a half. No complaints what so ever. In fact, I believe CCBill is better for us.
    That is friggin incredible!

You mean to tell me now that to use Epoch, you must be billing at LEAST 150k a year? Gross or net? Like that part even makes much of a difference.

What an outrage!

Kind of makes you wonder if it is worth continuing to promote any sponsors that are using Epoch, afterall you may not actually get to see the money if any of the sponsors you currently use are dropped by them, just some food for thought.

Regards,

Lee

I like cocks better than you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Kind of makes you wonder if it is worth continuing to promote any sponsors that are using Epoch, afterall you may not actually get to see the money if any of the sponsors you currently use are dropped by them
    Honestly Lee, I haven't seen many Epoch affiliate programs with sponsors. Really ever. I have seen sites who process with Epoch.
    When promoting sites, we promote sites who use NATS and CCBill, it's a comfort issue. CCBill is very trustworthy, NATS... I especially love their tracking.

weird. i promote some smaller epoch sites and they've had no problem at all with this.

Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    weird. i promote some smaller epoch sites and they've had no problem at all with this.
    That you know of

Regards,

Lee

well, i'm still getting paid... and i know these sites make a lot less than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    That you know of

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    We tried Epoch in first position (we cascade), after being told by a bunch of people that we should.

We lost a ton of money through Epoch's ineptitude.

I am not surprised at the letters people have received. The level of arrogance is simply amazing.

We are back with CCBill in first position.

I doubt that we will ever change back.

Big Hands/Big Feet=Expensive shoes & gloves!
    Man..how it's changed from what..just 6 months ago when Epoch was all the rage.

And interestingly enuf, not one word from any of Epoch's reps on this board concerning this subject.

You know, given that all of the people who were focused on getting gay businesses to use Epoch have either left the company or, have pretty much stopped posting on ALL of the gay message boards over the past few months, almost as quickly as they started going after gay webmaster business, its kind of worrying that a company would so aggressively go after a specific market audience for a while then just suddenly 'stop'.

Maybe they decided the gay market place wasnt profitable enough for them? Maybe they thought we were to much work? Whatever the reason i am sure a lot of us will learn from this and in future, when Epoch decides again they want to attract more 'gay' business we'll remember those processors who have stood by the gay community through thick and thin.

At the same time, it is also kind of scary that gay paysite owners were so gullible to be taken in by Epoch whilst they were courting us for our business, thankfully not everyone was gullible enough to fall for their 'we support the gay community' marketing bullshit.

Regards,

Lee

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise. maxx68's Avatar
    Consider the source...

www.HotDesertKnights.com hdkbill's Avatar
    I concur. We've been with Epoch for about a year now and have had no problems whatsoever. Honestly I think their customer service has been better than the customer service we received from CCBill. We were with CCBill for a number of years until their attitude and customer service started going downhill. Since making the switch we've received nothing but the best customer service from Epoch that you could ask for. And, I've heard no complaints from our affiliates.

Bill

Ever realize how a lot of companies claim they support the gay community and have ties to the Republican party? Two-faced business practices. My roommate told me a few weeks ago that one of the execs from a gay hook-up site got caught donating money to the McCain Campaign.
    They'll tell people what they want to hear, take their money, and then dump them.