Thread: Would You Say These Salarys Were About Right For The Positions?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? Would You Say These Salarys Were About Right For The Positions?

We're putting together our staffing needs for the new offices we're going to be taking posession of in a couple of months time based on the people we'd ideally like to have on board and im trying to come up with some realistic, but not over the top, pay scales to attract some decent employees.

So far, this is what i have come up with in terms of salaries for the staff positions we would like to fill...

Programmer - $41,000
    Developing, implementing and supporting existing and new PHP/SQL driven web-based scripts.

Marketing Assistant - $23,000 + Commissions
    Basically, a upscale board whore/affiliate rep.

Sales Assistant - $22,000 + Commissions
    Ad sales, content sales, etc, etc...

Office Administrator - $32,000
    Statistical reporting, developing in-house programming, hardware and software needs plus general paperwork, also assistant to Gary and I etc...

Webmaster - $28,000
    Updating, building and maintaining web based properties as well as coming up with new site/niche concepts.

Web Designer - $30,000
    As it says, someone to design and develop promo tools, new websites, etc, etc...

Would you folks say there were in a reasonable ball-park figure wise for the typical type of work these people will be doing?

Regards,

Lee

Everything is negotiable and I think in this economy those numbers can work
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Programming Mastermind
    I would say those numbers are low imho. You might be better off (if you havn't already) looking around like Dice.com and such for any salary numbers for the tech jobs. To me $41k a year for a programmer, you are not going to get much of a programmer or designer for that matter for only $30k.

You could get lucky but I would bet, adding another 5-10k a year on top of those numbers is probably closer to avg.

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    I could use $50/day to improve my travel budget.

the designer salary is pretty much entry level and the programmer salary is close to it. while those numbers could work in this economy, a good programmer or designer can get more even now. if you don't mind a recent college grad or someone with good but limited skills, those are numbers that could work.

you expect more skills from your office admin than most - my daughter currently does that job for $24 an hour and she does no programming at all and limited hardware stuff. on the other hand, her employer expects her to work very hard - perhaps you're more laid back.

sales assistant sounds like a job that should be split between the design and rep - maybe could skip that one?