Thread: Its Cleaning Time Again...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

WTF? Its Cleaning Time Again...

Towards the end of this week im going to be purging old accounts on the GWW Community.

What does this mean? Simple.. If you have a GWW Community account that has been 'inactive' for the last 3 months, its going to be deleted.

Inactive means the following:

1) Havent posted at least 1 message on the general forum.
    2) Havent visited the GWW community in over 60 days.
    3) Bounces back the weekly GWW Bulletin as undeliverable.
    4) Your account has been restricted.

This is for several reasons, the primary reason being that I have noticed a LOT of accounts are logged in and reading the help and advice being given out on the GWW community but, the same people who are willingly taking (and using) the advice and information that our regular contributors share are not giving anything back to the GWW community as a whole.

I am also going to purge those accounts who have been active but, have only sent PM's in the last 3 months usually this means that someone has read a post by one of our community members and, rather than posting in the thread, they have sent a URL via private message to their own program. To me, this is, in effect, a spamming technique and not something that I feel our community members should have to deal with.

In addition, I would also like to take this moment to ask everyone to check their community profile and ensure that your email address and contact details are up to date.

Im going to be sending a broadcast message to every GWW community member sometime in the next couple of days advising them of this cleanup, if this message bounces, you will be added to the remove list.

Regards,

Lee

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    so now we have to post at least once every 3 months? in addition to logging in?
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Ian,

For major database cleanups GWW Community members have always had to have had 1 post on the board from the date of their initial registration.

I think you are confusing the major cleanup with the reminder emails that get sent out if an account hasnt been logged in for the last 30 days, in the instance of the reminder emails after 30 days of inactivity, all that is needed is for someone to login to GWW

Regards,

Lee

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Cool, got confused by how it was worded, as it made it sound like those who were in lurking mode, or sending only pm's in the last 3 months, would get purged.

Thanks for clearing up my blond confusion. :morning:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online