Thread: PPS Programs With Decent Upsell Options?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

PPS Programs With Decent Upsell Options?

Those of you who write paysite reviews for others or your own adult review sites, i was wondering if you had any feedback on which sponsors paysites had decent upsell options inside their members area in terms of how the upsells are actually presented to the member once they hit the members area?

Right now i have a few upsells mixed in with regular content but im wondering if there are better ways of maximizing revenues from upsells whilst not taking away from members area retention at the same time?

Have you seen any good PPS sponsors that have good layouts for their upsells that dont distract from the actual content inside the members area?

Regards,

Lee

Lee, if you are interested, we can chat about upselling your members to one of our sites like HunkExclusives. We provide exclusive content (pics and videos) and you can easily string these together to make a mini-site with upsell to the full membership via your affiliate URL. We can even provide additional content so that you have a filled-out upsell site.

LMK if you are keen!
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

Luke,

Im actually looking to redo the layout of the upsells i currently use for the non-competitive products im using, im not really a big fan of upselling members to other paysites, apart from the fact it takes from retention on my sites for my affiliates, its kind of like saying 'look we have a great site BUT this site is better' LOL

Regards,

Lee

thats why I suggested upselling to a custom content site, its unique and non-competitive to your content, and you can make some extra cash quite easily!
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director

Quote Originally Posted by HunkMoneyLuke View Post
    thats why I suggested upselling to a custom content site, its unique and non-competitive to your content, and you can make some extra cash quite easily!
    Its still a 'paysite' though, which is competitive for retention on my sites

Non compete is stuff like live feeds, software, PE products, VOD, etc...

Regards,

Lee

Whether or not a member stays rebilling with your site is 100% a result of the quality of your site. This member has already demonstrated they are willing to join paysites, why not encourage them to also join other paysites using your ref codes.

Anyway IMHO, vod and live sites are way more competitive than an exclusive content paysite. When surfers move to those ppv models, they jump away from recurring!
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director

This member has already demonstrated they are willing to join paysites, why not encourage them to also join other paysites using your ref codes.
    Because that wouldnt be fair to my affiliates who actually sent the member, as i said above.

If a surfer joins two sites, chances are at least one of those memberships are going to get cancelled, especially given the state of the economy today.

Id rather keep a member recurring inside *my* members area so that both the affiliate who sent that join and myself can make money from that member, than send the member to another paysite where ill make $20 for the sale and my affiliate $0.

By offering non membership based products as options for members, program owners can enhance their revenues whilst not screwing their affiliates who sent those joins in the first place out of income.

Its my job to ensure that the member stays a member of *MY* site so that my affiliates make more money.... Not to send that member to another paysite.

Regards,

Lee

so in that case, you should not be doing any upsells (especially upsells to any vod or live site) since your affiliates don't get credit for those sales either!
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director

so in that case, you should not be doing any upsells (especially upsells to any vod or live site) since your affiliates don't get credit for those sales either!
    Its a proven fact that VOD, dating and cam sites enhance the members experience inside paysites $0.02

Every major program uses these for that very reason, it gives the site using them more 'content' than what they would otherwise have.

Every program owner that i have ever told to add VOD or cams to their members area has seen improvements in retention after doing so, just as those program owners who have made their members areas less 'clean' looking have seen an increase in retention... Thats why they are called 'non compete' because they enhance a membership and not take away from it.

Regards,

Lee

Here's my thinking on this:

scenario 1: a member joins your site, then clicks the VOD upsell. He sees that the VOD site has all the same non-exclusive video selection as your paysite plus more. He does some quick math and realises that he can rebill on your site for $30/mo and get a new video every week that you chose as the update. Or he can spend $2.99 every week and get the same videos or other video that he choses from this VOD site.

scenario 2: a member joins your site, then clicks the exclusive site upsell. He sees that the exclusive site offers different videos. He does not think of cancelling the membership on your site because your site offers him different content all together.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director

by the way, I am enjoying this discussion we are having, its nice to chat business and not have people barging in with drama or accusations
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director

Luke the major problem with those scenarios is that affiliates dont mind upsells to VOD, live cam and dating sites because they have become accustomed to seeing them inside paysites.

On the other hand, if a paysite is selling memberships to other paysites, thats kind of sneaky and affiliates dont like it, because they do end up losing money.

In an ideal world paysites shouldnt have any upsells in them whatsoever, but 99.99% of affiliates realize that this isnt an ideal world and are happy to settle for a few select non-compete upsells with the memberships to sponsors sites they are selling.

Im sure an affiliate would rather send their traffic to a paysite that didnt upsell other paysites in the members area than one that did... A paysite the affiliate could send their traffic to directly no less.

Regards,

Lee

by the way, I am enjoying this discussion we are having, its nice to chat business and not have people barging in with drama or accusations
    I was just thinking the same thing actually haha

Can you imagine if this thread was on GFY right now? LOLOLOL

Regards,

Lee

Incidently, on the subject of VOD and dating upsells, i have actually found that matching the type of upsell to the content within the paysite works far better in terms of keeping the member than placing non specific upsells inside the site, again, enhancing what content is already in the site utilizing upsells is better than just putting a generic vod or dating site as an upsell.

My analysis of this would be because the upsell, by being as niche specific as possible, gives the member the impression that it actually is an enhancement to the content rather than a method of increasing revenues for the site owner and i think that to some extent, affiliates would much rather see niche specific upsells than upsells featuring twinks inside a mature guy site for example.

I was also speaking to a major straight program owner a few days ago about multi-site accesses being used and they told me that whilst the member does login to see what content is offered on the other sites they are given, the content inside them isnt viewed/clicked on as much as the upsells inside the original sites members area are.

Regards,

Lee

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise. maxx68's Avatar
    Oh sorry...don't mind me:embarassed: *maxx68 is feverishly taking notes*