Thread: This is a good discussion on gfy

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'

This is a good discussion on gfy

http://www.gfyboard.com/showthread.php?t=882497

i actually found this a really good read about why some sponsors dont offer more affiliate promotional tools than others and how sometimes it actually isnt worth it to the program owners.

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise. maxx68's Avatar
    It seems to me there is a love/hate relationship between sponsors and affiliates. Until spending some quality time on this board, I always thought if it weren't for affiliates, websites wouldn't make any money.

This is a tough business for everyone involved. Sponsors should know how to promote and affiliates need to learn a great deal about promotion. Lots of sponsors want to keep much of it "in-house" yet others want the affiliates to do all the work.

A lot of affiliates want everything given to them and don't want to do the work, which means learning something.

I've learned a lot on just this board and my expectations have changed. I'm still plugging away at it and expect that in 6 months to a year I should be productive.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    That actually is a pretty good discussion and i think this post hits the nail on the head exactly...

Usually the guys who can and know to make big sales are the most quiet. Almost with no pretentions or demanding they just send traffic and make conversions. It´s even frustrating because me, as owner of the program, want to help these people, so I try to contact them to offer my services, to ask what they need, what can I do for them. Many times they don´t even reply, in other cases they reply to say “I need nothing, thanks.”

In the other hand is the people who send only a few hits a day but they contact me to ask stupid things, unnecessary tools…
    Never a truer word has been spoken, those who make sales want nothing, those who dont want everything.

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    We've found the same thing.

Almost without exception, the affiliates that send a ton of sales are the ones that maybe once in 6 months ask for some video clips or something.

The affiliates who ask for a million specific things and want this or that done or special banners or whatever are almost always the ones who send 100 hits a month.

Now... when we see a new, aggressive affiliate working hard to build their business, we'll do pretty much anything reasonable to help them... but there are certain affiliates that are just really demanding and send very little traffic, and those are the ones that programs like Corbin Fisher target when they say they're restricting who they allow into their affiliate program.

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    I actually thought that was kind of a silly thread, back when I first read it.

I'm in the "you just learning this now?" camp.

But I'm one of those that never writes a sponsor for anything.

What's the point? What do you think a sponsor is going to do for you?

I do like a sponsor that offers me what I need - and thats kinda rare.

Yup, the best affiliates know what they are doing and generally won't bother asking for anything....but, every once in a while you get some really friendly affiliates that want to help you and give you suggestions on how to improve, those affiliates are gold!
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com