Thread: Do You Clean Your Computer Regularly?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Do You Clean Your Computer Regularly?

I was wondering how often you folks found you had to clean your machines in terms of freeing up more drive space, removing unwanted files, etc and actually cleaning your keyboards, mice, monitor and other peripherals?

Right now im finding that im having to clean the keyboard on my laptop at least once a month as im finding the keys are starting to get grimey more quickly than they used to.

Also my trackpad is starting to wear away in places and im having to clean that once or twice a month on its own.

How often are you folks actually cleaning off/out the computers you work on regularly?

Regards,

Lee

I clean my computer physically with screen cleaning wipes about once a week.

As for disk cleaning, usually once a month when I am doing serious backups, I try to back up all my important data to a usb memory stick (easy to hide in case of a burglary) and I tend to remove all old data off my laptop (once again for security).
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    My desktop runs an automated back up to an external hard drive every day around 3 AM and it defragments on a regular schedule as well. I do clean-up at least monthly and physically wipe things down at least once a month.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

Don't forget to open the side of the case (turn off the computer first and let it cool) ... go after the fan on the processor, case fans, powerbox fan etc with a very soft brush ( a woman's blush brush is perfect). Always work top to bottom, removing debris off any pci cards ... then carefully use a can of compressed air to shoot out the dust balls from the case bottom. Warm states - I'd do that monthly. Mid to cooler states, at least every other month.

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'
    i clean my mac once or twice a week