For example, 10+ years ago when myself and several others on the GWW Community started in the industry, conversion ratios were pretty much typically in the 1:100=1:300 range, free content meant you got maybe 10-15 640x480 blurry pics to use, promo tools were pretty much just 468x60 and 120x60 creatives, traffic was gotten by doing link trades with other sites, the list goes on and on....

Now whilst we would all agree that a 1:100 conversion ratio today is good, most affiliate webmasters seem to be happy with conversions under 1:1000-1:2000 and some i have spoken to are happy if they convert a site in under 1:5000 :eek:

For free content they want full (or almost full) high definition exclusive content images or full scenes from a movie/dvd.

For promo tools they want everything possible to be hosted or custom created for them.

Traffic is something you buy from a broker for many, or something that you need to pay to get in the form of partner accounts (partner accounts USED to be free and given to those submitting quality sites regularly).

Do you think the expectations of an adult webmaster changes (along with what is acceptable) as they enter the industry later and later?

I wonder if a webmaster entering the industry in 5 years time will think the 'norm' is a free site containing 100+ images or 4 full scenes from a DVD movie because that is all they will have known from when they started.

Your thoughts on this? How much has the industry changed from when you entered it to the present, in terms of the tools, sites, content, etc you were given by the affiliate programs you joined?

Regards,

Lee