Thread: Newbie here-need your advice!

Newbie here-need your advice!

Hey folks! Pleasure to be here with my first adult site.

I'm pretty new to the marketing aspect of my new site and was wondering if any of you experienced site owners had any suggestions for where to start?

I am the owner of The Great Canadian Male and have been producing videos for the past year and only recently got a website up and running to start making some money on them.

I've been floundering around trying to find various ways of marketing the site to increase the traffic and have been somewhat successful but wondered what approaches I may be missing.

Do any of you have any suggestions as to what the best avenues are?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Morgan

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    A link would help. You're allowed to do that.

I tried posting a link but it said I haven't made enough posts yet.

then write it out www my domain dot com

the great canadian mail dot com

GWW Community Member
    I found your site via Google. After a whole year you only have 8 videos? That would be the first place to start... add more content, even if you have to buy some from a third party. Or if you do have more content, you need to show it in your tour.

I personally think that $24.95 is too high unless you have a ton of content. Some sites with much more than you charge $19.95.

Also, your link to the Felix preview video was dead.

Other than that it looks like you're doing videos similar to the Club Amateur USA site, which isn't a bad thing. Good luck!

I like cocks better than you!
    Quote Originally Posted by mhorst View Post
    Do any of you have any suggestions as to what the best avenues are?
    Here's some suggestions that I have used and works out very well.
    First thing I always suggest is to get out there and get the traffic yourself. There is never a better salesman than you.

Here's some suggestions... I'm not bashing you down or anything.
    Your tour area looks rather cluttered. Too much going on at once. Perhaps on your tour... create one page per video that you offer. Maybe even two videos per page.

Your pricing. We've tooled around with 3 different payment methods:
    1- $9.95 for every 30 days
    2- $24.95 initial, $19.95 recurring
    3- $26.95 initial, $24.95 recurring

When we first started, we started at option one.
    As we grew, we raised the pricing to option 2. We grew our members area even bigger and went with option 3. Option 3 killed us. We have over 500 videos, and over 200 galleries. We thought we could charge more. No. We were wrong.
    We went down to option 2. Option 2 has been working out for us very well and we are sticking with option 2.

I think with these 2, you'll be at a better position.

Remember, your tour is everything. You want your tour hot, entising, get them to where they are just about to blow their wad but right on the edge.

Maybe give away the previews like you are. Give away some more pics. Remember, not too much. I suggest preview videos no longer than 30 seconds in length. And I suggest no more than 10 images per preview.

At this time, I suggest maybe offering at least a couple banners to start up with, launch a good affiliate program. CCBill is loved by many webmasters.

Once your at that point... Go here: http://xxxdto.com/friends.htm

Trade links with those sites. Don't do Cybersocket, we all know why... I won't elaborate. I see Justin hasn't removed their banner yet.
    We will trade links with you as well. We're always looking for trading.

Then work on exchanging links. I suggest text links as it aids in your SE ranking in somewhat of a higher ranking.

After all of this, you should be at a better position than you are now.

I hope this helps. If you need any help along the way, feel free to drop me a line. :0)

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by derekt View Post
    Your pricing. We've tooled around with 3 different payment methods:
    1- $9.95 for every 30 days
    2- $24.95 initial, $19.95 recurring
    3- $26.95 initial, $24.95 recurring
    Whatever pricing option you choose, make sure the initial and recurring is the same, otherwise you are going to see chargebacks happen as more often than not surfers will forget that they spent $24.95 and will be rebilled at $19.95.

If you keep the prices the same for the initial and the rebill, they are going to KNOW what the charge is for $0.02

The only time the pricing changes on the Condom Cash sites when it comes to rebills is when the member chooses to join with a multi-month membership option, after which they get billed at the regular monthly rate.

Regards,

Lee

I like cocks better than you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Whatever pricing option you choose, make sure the initial and recurring is the same, otherwise you are going to see chargebacks happen as more often than not surfers will forget that they spent $24.95 and will be rebilled at $19.95.
    We have only ever had one chargeback in the 3 years we've been processing memberships. And this happened because the member was caught red handed for trading his password and became upset because we proved to him of this.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by derekt View Post
    We have only ever had one chargeback in the 3 years we've been processing memberships.
    Doesnt surprise me at all $0.02

Wait until you start getting volume sales then check the numbers

Regards,

Lee

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise. maxx68's Avatar
    Run run as fast as you can and maybe start a church! LOL They make money pretty quickly and it's the American way, damn it!

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'
    i think you need to add more vids to the site before you can start charging a lot more personally

if you dont make exclusive vids then buy some movie dvds and use them to bulk out the vids a little bit

i reviewed your site for gaydemon and i really like the models, but the site is too small and if it's been up for a year, you need to update. i know a lot of new site owners tend to hope that they can wait to update till they start making more money, but if you're not updating regularly, you'll lose all your rebills. also review sites won't be able to send as much traffic because they clearly write the amount of content in the reviews.

to get more search engine traffic and possibly more sales, don't link each thumb on the to a video - link it to a page telling about the episodes with some pics on it AND a link to the trailer. each episode's page will get some additional search engine traffic. and don't have all your episodes on a single tour page - have at least 2 tour pages and make sure there are obvious links at the bottom of each page to join the site and - if there's another page - to the next page. btw, put a join link in your menu.

also your tour is sort of thin in 1024, so imagine how thin it is in 1280. if you put the menu across the top rather than at the left side, you can have a wider tour with either bigger or more thumbs width-wise.