Thread: Heroin Addict Complaining That Her Kids Are To Be Looked After By A Gay Couple

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Heroin Addict Complaining That Her Kids Are To Be Looked After By A Gay Couple

Speaking about the last conversation she had with the children before they were taken from her she said: "I told them, 'Listen, Mummy is not going to see you for a while'."

She said her son replied: "But Mummy, I want to come and stay with you and Granny and Granddad."

On the last occassion she saw her children at a zoo before they were taken into foster care by social services in August,she said: "They told me not to cry and be strong so as not to upset the children.

"How can you tell a mother that when she's never going to see her children again?"

The five-year-old boy and his four-year-old sister were being cared for by their grandparents because their mother, a recovering heroin addict, was not considered capable.

But social workers stepped in to remove the children from their care because of concerns about their age, despite the grandmother being just 46 and the grandfather 59.

Their 26-year-old mother, who cannot be be named to protect the identity of her children, has condemned the decision and says she wants her children to be raised by a "mum and dad".

She said: "I did not under any circumstances want my children to be placed with gay men. I wanted them to have a mum and a dad.

"I have nothing against gay people. I've got gay friends, but children need a mum and a dad.

"I'm ashamed of what I've done, especially what I have put mum and dad through because they have been brilliant every step of the way."

The grandparents, from Edinburgh, spent two years involved in court cases over the children, whose 26-year-old mother is a recovering heroin addict, and finally agreed to adoption when they were faced with mounting legal bills.

The 59-year-old grandfather, who has seven children of his own, told the Daily Telegraph: "There is no way we'd have allowed the children to be adopted if we'd known they were going to a gay couple.

They wanted to bring up the five-year-old boy and his four-year-old sister in their own home but said they were forced to give them up by social workers who had concerns about the couple's age and their health.

"At our last meeting with social workers in October we were told the process of finding a couple was fairly advanced. I specifically said I didn't want them to go to a gay or lesbian couple.

"I told them we still wanted to care for them, but our main concern was that they went to a good home with a loving mother and father."

The couple only found out last week that two homosexual men would be adopting the children in the next few weeks, and said that when they objected they were warned they may never see them again.

It is thought to be only the second time that a gay couple have been chosen to adopt children in Edinburgh.

The Roman Catholic Church in Scotland said the decision was "devastating" and would have a serious impact on the welfare of the children.

A spokesman added: "There is an overwhelming body of evidence showing that same-sex relationships are inherently unstable and reduce the life expectancy of those involved.

"With this in mind, the social work department has deliberately ignored evidence which undermines their decision and opted for politically correct posturing."

The grandfather, a farmhand who comes from a religious family in the north-east of Scotland and cannot be named for legal reasons, denied being homophobic.

But he said he and his wife, who is 46, were "angry and disappointed" with Edinburgh city council. He added that his religion led him to believe it was wrong to lead a homosexual lifestyle.

"We are worried about our granddaughter and how she will cope as she grows up without a mother to talk to," he said. "We are also concerned that they could be bullied at school for having two gay fathers.

"We are not prejudiced but I defy anyone to explain to us how this can be in their best interests."

Four of the couple's children still live at home, two at school and two in full-time work, and they said they were "angry and upset" about what had happened to their niece and nephew.

But the council defended its decision saying that the grandparents had been fully involved in discussions.

Cllr Marilyne MacLaren, convenor for children and families, added: "I have been assured that the professional view is that the adoptive couple will provide a safe, secure and loving environment for these children. Approving people as adopters and matching them with children is a very rigorous process."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...-children.html

Maybe she should have thought about this when she was shooting up and not thinking about her kids $0.02

Regards,

Lee

I agree with Lee...she certainly wasn't thinking of ANY consequences when she was shooting her body full of drugs. I'm going to try and stay OFF of my pulpit, I promise, but I say Fuck Her and Her Wishes. And the grandparents? They have 7 freakin kids already, four of which are still at home. So what kind of loving nurturing home is that for two small children who aren't sure what the hell is going on? This woman wants her children to grow up with a mom and dad....well where the hell is their father? She dumped the rugrats at her parent's house and took off to get cracked out......and she's worried about her children being raised in a loving home with nourishing meals, care and a family support structure because that family is gay? She makes the statement that she has gay friends and has nothing against them. The first thought that crosses MY mind is that these so called "friends" are probably fellow junkies that she's shot up with a time or two and now she thinks that she knows what gay people are all about. Every choice in life has consequences, some positive and some negative. She chose drugs over her children and now she must live with the consequences.
    Video feeds and content available to webmasters:
    http://demo.collegeboyslive.com http://affiliates.collegeboyslive.com

Marketing Director-Orlando
    Collegeboyslive.com
    AIM: cbl chaz Orlando
    E-Mail: chaz@collegeboyslive.com