I live next door to a printing shop that just moved last week. I did a search of "363 6th Street, San Francisco" to see if there were any plans for a giant high rise or a toxic waste dump moving in next door.

What I found was possibly a historic connection. On January 29, 1966, exactly 43 years ago today, the Grateful Dead performed a concert at that location! Whether it's the same building or not, I don't know. (I think the venue may have been called Sound City at the time.) There was a bootleg recording made of the event, and probably an album printed with these cuts listed:

The Sound City Acid Test
363 6th Street, San Francisco, CA
January 29, 1966
7. Ken Kesey interviewed by Frank Fey
8. Ken Babbs and harmonica
9. Take Two: Ken Kesey
10. Bull
11. Peggy The Pistol
12. One-way Ticket
13. Bells And Fairies
14. Levitation
15. Trip X
16. The End

If there are any Dead Heads out there with any information about the venue, please comment.

For many years, the Grateful Dead allowed fans to record and distribute recordings of their concerts, as long as the "tapers" promised to not do it for profit. In this age of fierce copyright enforcement, it's interesting to note that despite the amount of "stolen" material that was given away among fans, the Grateful Dead still made tons of money, and still do to this day. When Jerry Garcia died in 1995, the band decided to break up, but remaining members still get together to perform under different monikers. Dead Heads are the most die-hard fans in rock and roll, maybe even more so than Elvis fans.