Thread: What Type Of Articles/Tutorials Would You Like To See On GWW?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? What Type Of Articles/Tutorials Would You Like To See On GWW?

We're getting ready to do some major overhauls of GWW and with these changes we want to add some new, more up-to-date articles and tutorials to our existing library.

That being said, are there any subjects that you would like to see covered that you havent seen anywhere else as yet?

If so, please list a few ideas in this thread of the type of article or tutorial you would like to see added to the GWW Articles + Tutorials section and hopefully we can work on getting them added for you

Regards,

Lee

GWW Community Member
    I've seen a ton of tutorials on how to start up blogs and TGPs but I've rarely seen info on starting up pay membership sites.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by msm View Post
    I've seen a ton of tutorials on how to start up blogs and TGPs but I've rarely seen info on starting up pay membership sites.
    Thats actually a pretty good idea, i started an article series on this a few years ago but there was so much information needed i gave up on it.

Ill see if i can dig out the few sections of the series i did write and see what is needed to complete them, i agree that would be a great addition to the articles section although, because everyone runs their sites differently, there is bound to be some disagreement over what is right and wrong in the articles LOL

Regards,

Lee

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor.
    I like msm's idea about info on starting a paysite. I'd really enjoy a comprehensive tutorial specifically about hosting for paysites. For example, there are formulas out there for calculating bandwidth (using total of text, video, and photos divided by number of users, blah blah) but that's all theoretical. How about realistic expectations for novice paysite webmasters. Something along the lines of "a typical new site with 10 affiliates promoting it and normal SEO may expect 1000 visits per day, 500 of which will click through for the tour. 50% will view everything, the other 50% will view half of the offering. If the tour has an aggregate total of 10 MB of text, photos, and videos, that means 3.25GB per day just for tour promotions. Now let's look at typical member daily usage of the site..."

Fill it out with charts for some typical patterns or examples (small site, medium site, new site, established site, how many existing members log in daily, how much they download per day, etc.). I know this industry is pretty close-mouthed about publishing actual numbers but many of you seem very knowledgeable to me so I would hope you could give some rough estimates. As it is now, a newbie can only make a wild guess about what kind of hosting plan will be needed and hope that it won't be either too much (costly) or too little (costly when members get fed up with slow access and quit).

Of course, it would be totally cool if you added stuff like the cost vs. benefit of hosting galleries for affiliates (I imagine they suck a huge amount of bandwidth but do extra sales typically turn it into a profit instead of liablity?), how many users can various server configurations service simultaneously, when and why would it be advisable to split services among more than one server for a site, etc.

If you can do all that, you'll be my new hero

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise. maxx68's Avatar
    Hey Lee...

How about some info on what to look for in a good sponsor. Maybe the do's and don'ts, things to be aware of and look out for.

I know as a newbie it can be a bit daunting deciding which sponsor to go with.

Also info or perhaps a section on the latest technology affiliates can use for marketing, etc..Tubesites, blogs, etc.

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'
    i would like to see a newbie game plan basic instructions on what new people can do to get started the right way......

how to pick sponsor paysites
    what niche to promote
    which host to use
    where to register domian names
    how to use flashy banners
    where to submit freebie sites to
    should we build freebie sites or gallery sites
    how much can we expect to make
    where to get and build more traffics

they are some suggestions from this newbie

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    Probably a codification of steps webmasters should take to comply with the new 2257 ...

A step by step explanation of how to configure and use trading scripts.

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    A step by step explanation of how to configure and use trading scripts.
    I second that.. TGPs and TradeScripts are pure magic to me right now
    :-D