View Poll Results: Have You Gone Hi-Def Yet?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I use Hi Definition Content On My Sites

5 33.33%
  • No, I Dont Use Hi Definition Content On My Sites

10 66.67%
  • I Havent Thought About It To Be Honest

0 0%

Thread: Have You Gone Hi-Def Yet?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Have You Gone Hi-Def Yet?

I was wondering how many of you folks are already using hi-def content on your websites, either content you have had created exclusively, have licensed from other providers or, are using hi-definition content from sponsors that offer it as free content?

Do you currently use hi-def content or do you not see the need yet?

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    You should define what you mean by "hi-def." A lot of programs trumpet "hi-def" and are offering standard 720x480 or even smaller at 1Mbps or less, and that isn't hi-def.

Or else they shoot in hi-def and then downres to a 1 or 1.5Mbit stream...

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'
    gaybucks - what is hidef i see a lot of sponsors have it on there sites but it all looks different from affiliate paysite to affiliate paysite is there a normal hidef that we should use do you think

True hi-def (blu-ray, for example) is 1920x1080 at 30 progressive frames per second. (US broadcast hi-def is less than that, 720 lines vs 1080.)

If shot using a professional codec, such as the Sony digital betacam codec or the Panasonic P2 DVCPro codec, the filesizes are enormous; it streams at 100Mbps and takes up something like 1gb per minute of hi-def video. So nobody is actually streaming true hi def. What is probably reasonably true hi-def is a 1920x1080 video at 30pfps, encoded at above 5Mbits/sec.

By comparision, standard def DV video is 720x480 at 30 pfps, and you can fit 5 minutes of video in 1 gig of space; the streaming rate is about 25Mbps. You can make a fine looking standard def stream at about 1.5 or 2Mbps, which is quite small enough to deliver over broadband internet.

HDV, which is a consumer version of HD, is also limited to 25Mbps because that's the fastest one can write to tape, so it's incredibly compressed, and a lot of detail is lost in compression. It's better than standard def, but it ain't HD.

Sorry the above is really technical, but there really isn't any simple way to describe hi-def when there are so many different codecs, bitrates, frame sizes, frame rates, etc.

Let me know if that still isn't clear.

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'
    so is 1080 hidef like i can get on my tv usable for the internet or should i get a better quality?

1080 hi-def is only available over cable or satellite; broadcast HD is 720p.

Right now, the 1080p 60 (60 frames/sec) standard is the highest you can get. There are the new RED cameras that are around 4000 lines of resolution, but they aren't yet in common use, and there isn't any practical way to deliver the content in that level of resolution.

So if you deliver 1080p to your customers, that's pretty much state of the art, at least for now

How long have you been gay?
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    So if you deliver 1080p to your customers, that's pretty much state of the art, at least for now
    Right now it is, but I think it won't be state of the art for much longer. Nowadays you can get Sony's new professional camcorder the Sony EX1 or the EX3 for way less than $10000 and they record in 1080p, which is 1920x1080 at 30fps. We just bought new EX3s and they're seriously awesome!
    Quality custom exclusive gay content at affordable prices.

email: contact(at)tlxproductions(dot)com

Director of Pantheon Productions

Monitor Sizes?

Most users don't have monitors that are big enough to show 1080 x 1920 pixels. How do you handle the discrepancy in size? Do you put the hi-res video in a smaller player?

Chris Roma
    Pantheon Productions, LLC
    DaddyBuxxx.com

ContentVentures.com
    Check out cruiserboys.com / maximolatino.com. They've just updated their sites with super high-quality HD content.

If you are interested in reselling, check out gbucks.com , their sponsor.