Thread: SuperBowl Commercials...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

SuperBowl Commercials...

Do you think the companies who pay millions to get an ad spot during the SuperBowl do so to get actual sales income or to get branding exposure?

I was thinking about this earlier but forgot to post about it, when a company is paying literally MILLIONS for a 30-60 second ad spot, do you think they expect to see a financial return on their investment or do you think they expect to see a retrun over the long-term through brand recognition, etc?

Regards,

Lee

it all seems like one of those bragging rights things
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

My two moms can beat up your 14 wives. Stravinsky's Avatar

Heres A Thought advertising

I'm in marketing, not advertising, though I think it's pretty clear they expect immediate returns in the form of increased sales. My guess is it's around $10 to every $1 spent. e.i. if they spend 5 million on the ad, they expect 50 million in increased sales. Probably not unreasonable expectations, considering the audience and that particular venue (Superbowl).

I don't know how they calculate success or separate results of direct sales vs. more brand recognition, which would mean future sales.

Advertising is usually aimed at buyers (with precision), while marketing is aimed at shoppers (in a more scattershot method). When shoppers cross over into buyers is the great unknown and where GOOD and PLENTIFUL marketing will make the difference,
    Paul Stravinsky
    Integrating Bold products into Adult Male Media
    http://planneddesign.com
    Based in San Diego with Worldwide Reach