Thread: Western Digitall 1T Drive under $100

Western Digitall 1T Drive under $100

If you have a MicroCenter near you this drive went on sale for $99.99 -- http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0273266

In Store pickups only.

nice find, Bec!
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

Bec you always have the best hookups thanks!
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Wasn't all that long ago that a drive that size would of cost in excess of a thousand dollars ... plus it's a "green" unit ... saving us in energy usage over other similar units.

MarineMeat.com

Not near a Microcenter?

I found this sale on 1TB Western Digital with FREE SHIPPING! Wow!

http://www.buy.com/prod/western-digi...205761335.html

I have bought from Buy.com before and they are a very reliable company.

I changed your link, the one you posted didn't produce a web page... nice find btw!

Think big. Shoot hard.
    Be very careful w/ WD. Just about every WD I have had has crashed and burned.

Big Hands/Big Feet=Expensive shoes & gloves!
    Best side to go to to find out the latest great deals is right here: http://www.slickdeals.net

Man..cannot believe how that site saved be a ton of money for xmas gifts! And of course, got me HOOKED on checking the site daily!

Even have a freebies section. Amazing what you can still get for free in this country.

Big Hands/Big Feet=Expensive shoes & gloves!
    Here's an example of what I just now found:

GoDaddy is offering 99-cent domain name registration for 1 year with code LOVE99. 20-cent ICANN fee applies, making it $1.19 per domain.

I like cocks better than you!
    Quote Originally Posted by MarineMeat.com View Post
    I found this sale on 1TB Western Digital with FREE SHIPPING! Wow!

http://www.buy.com/prod/western-digi...205761335.html

I have bought from Buy.com before and they are a very reliable company.
    The webpage says "Limit 10 per customer." Oh my! Just here in the office we have 12. LOL. We've slowly bought them over the past 2 years.

I like cocks better than you!
    Quote Originally Posted by abostonboy View Post
    Be very careful w/ WD. Just about every WD I have had has crashed and burned.
    We have only ever had 1 burn out. Justin who works for us, he's like a techie. He restored it. Even though a hard drive this crashes, the data on the hard drive is still there.

Prior to buying Western Digital we used Maxtor. And those are a piece of crap. The unit crashed. I called Geek Squad from Best Buy. Had them come to the office. They had everything backed up in less than an hour. It cost about $280.00 for them to do their stuff. But with any hard drive like this, I think the normal life span is something like 5 years. But we've never had any problems with Western Digital. Now Maxtor, we've had problems all of the time.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Maxtors are total pieces of shit. They are now the "value" line for Seagate, who purchased the company a couple years back. I've had at least 10 of them fail.

Western Digitals used to be complete shit, but I've heard they've been better recently. I do have a lot of Western Digital doorstops, however.

Seagates have been my long-time favorite, but this year they had some problems with their 1.5 gig models (we don't have any, but from what I understand, it was a firmware issue that was fairly easily fixed, but still a hassle and rather scary.) I personally have had only one Seagate failure that I can remember.

IBMs were godawful, but since Hitachi bought their drive business they seem to be better.

Samsungs seem to be pretty amazing, haven't seen one fail yet.

It's my personal theory that all the drive manufacturers get together for dinner once a year and they decide which one of them is going to have a run of bad drives that year, because it seems at least one manufacturer puts out a run of crap drives every year.