View Poll Results: How Many Domain Names Do You Currently Own?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-10 Domains

6 24.00%
  • 10-20 Domains

5 20.00%
  • 20-30 Domains

0 0%
  • 30-40 Domains

0 0%
  • 40-50 Domains

0 0%
  • 50-100 Domains

0 0%
  • 100-200 Domains

7 28.00%
  • 200-300 Domains

4 16.00%
  • 300-400 Domains

1 4.00%
  • 500+ Domains

2 8.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Many Domain Names Do You Currently Own?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

How Many Domain Names Do You Currently Own?

So with all the talk lately on domain names, i wondered how many you folks actually owned?

Regards,

Lee

low end of 100 plus

i am in the 400-500 range which you don't have....but its closer to 500 so I ticked that one :luke:
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    I dropped some lately. A little short of 300. Used to be about 335.

Too many hyphenated names from old se stuff that doesn't work as well anymore.

I should have bought more investment type names.

I like cocks better than you!
    As of last night, we were at 510.
    Today, I put in an order to Godaddy for another 47 domains. And I've been asked to do a search on about another 50. So it looks like by the end of the month, we'll be well over 600.

We dropped a bunch of older domains that quite frankly, were really good ones but, in reality, there was no way we were ever going to get around to using them, even on parking them at Sedo they didnt make as much as some of the lesser quality domains we owned and didnt cover their registration fee.

As of right now though, i have a list of roughly 300 domains on a notepad on my desk that im finding myself adding and subtracting from every day, i think i have finally got my domain buying addiction under control and rather than registering a domain name as soon as i find it, im taking a day or two to think about the name, what can be done with it, whether it will realistically cover costs, etc, if after 2 days i havent scrubbed it off the list, it gets registered at the end of the month.

So far that method seems to be working well for me, im no longer spending $50 a day on domain names and the ones i am registering towards the end of the month are actually ready to go 'live' for the most part.

The last domain i registered that went live right away was http://www.blondestuds.com i have a few other sites built waiting for me to register the domain, get them added to the server and upload the content but im definitely a LOT better at registering domains than i used to be LOL

Right now i beleive our domain portfolio stands at around 300 domains, down from over 1000 domains in our portfolio this time last year :eek:

Regards,

Lee

I think some of you need a 12-step Domains Annonymous program!! :innocent:

she says as she goes off to pick up a couple more

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    Well, another related question for me is what registrar(s) to use - because I've lost the trust I used to have in my registrar, and when that happens one is left with little choice but to move.

Godaddy has lost the bad reputation it used to have, and their domain discount club has attractive prices.

I just bought a few names at moniker yesterday to test their system - they also get pretty well reviewed now, especially by people with lots of names. At least according to the google searches I've been doing on the subject. 8 bucks a name isn't bad. And they look to have a decent system for bulk transfers.

Name.com was mentioned as low cost - but didn't appear on lists of registrars that were well reviewed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post

she says as she goes off to pick up a couple more
    kettle calling the pot...LOL
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Well, another related question for me is what registrar(s) to use
    I use enom (through domainshack.com) and godaddy. I think you are spot-on, godaddy has cleaned up its act and is a pretty good registrar for the price.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director

Quote Originally Posted by HunkMoneyLuke View Post
    kettle calling the pot...LOL
    Yea I know! LOL

Just did go get three more too! no joke. :worm:

As for registrars = Godaddy

Yea I know! LOL

Just did go get three more too! no joke. :worm:

As for registrars = Godaddy
    retail therapy, gotta love it
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director

I like cocks better than you!
    HA! Isn't that the truth. What we do is we look for domains that sound good or look good. We may not use them right away, but eventually will.

Right now, we have out about 320 or so DVDs. Recently, we started buying domains based on the movie. For example:
    A DVD we have is Bareback Bath House Sluts. We would buy BarebackBathHouseSluts.com

And then that site is a promotional site. It promotes the DVD, but also points the DVD to where you can also find that DVD.
    Example:
    If the DVD is on AEBN, there's a link that says "Watch Now" and links to that movie via our Affiliate.
    If it's on XXXDTO.COM there's a download now button. So on and so forth.

We have a couple of domains that we've owned for about 3 years and we just recently put them to use.

But what we're doing from now on is... Godaddy's hosting plan, you can create a directory on your server and point 1 or more domains to that directory. And in that directory, there is a index splash page with the terms, etc. And when you click on Enter it takes you to our affiliate with AEBN or GameLink.
    We have found this method more profitable than doing the Sedo venue. The reason why is because eventually that domain will turn into a full site. And any site you have, it always has to have a index page. So once that site gets converted into a site, then the site has already been crawled, and the beginning steps of promotion have already been generated.

GoDaddy is who we use here too, we actually have 3 accounts over there right now, one we use for 'speculation' domains, one we use for 'adult' domains and another we use for 'mainstream' domains so we can keep the 3 different types of domain we register as seperate as possible.

All 3 accounts also have different whois information associated with them too

Regards,

Lee

MarineMeat.com

WTF? Price versus Service

I use two registrars for the 100+ domains, one for the price, Hostway at $7.95 a year and one for service 1and1.com at $8.99 but includes private registration and email account.