Thread: What Type Of Storage Media Do You Buy?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

What Type Of Storage Media Do You Buy?

Reading Becs thread about that cheap 1TB drive got me wondering, how many of you folks buy disposable media (CDs, DVDs, Tapes, etc) versus other types of media, external or internal hard drives, flash drives, usb sticks, etc, etc?

Have you found yourself migrating away from the type of media storage that you used to use as actual external drives and usb sticks have started becoming more and more affordable?

I know for us we have 1 package of blank CDs sat in the office that we use when we have to burn content sets or documents for translation/programming work but pretty much everything else these days goes on to a USB stick drive or on a portable external hard drive.

Regards,

Lee

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    Flash drives have made most everything else obsolete for transfers and teh like for me.

Used to use zip drives a lot - never anymore.

I buy dvd-roms for content backups, and it's always wise to have some cdrs around - tho last time I used one was for a ubuntu install.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    For backup media, we have a combination of RAID-5 arrays and SDLT tape. The SDLT is archival and stores 160 gigs/tape. It's a small amount these days, but I still feel safer with those than backing up on hard drives, and Blu-ray discs are still too expensive.