Thread: Historically In The Adult Industry...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Historically In The Adult Industry...

What sources of traffic or methods of generating traffic did you used to use that no longer work (as well as they once did) or are no longer around and being used as openly because of lack of interest in those traffic sources?

I think for me the main ones that spring to mind are...

1) Hard link trades, there was a time that everyone jumped at getting linked up on each others free sites and hubs, these days it seems like less and less webmasters are actually doing hard coded traffic trades or, those that are doing them, are charging for them.

2) Pic posts, i used to make a lot of money from pic posts using the Shaven Ferret script, unfortunately they seem to have died out almost as soon as the Shaven Ferret script got taken offline

3) Banner exchanges, we used to own 4 banner exchanges that were doing quite well but, over the years the interest in getting traffic this way pretty much died off, across the board, SexSwap used to be huge and served millions of impressions an hour on their banner swap system, yet like everything else, webmasters shyed away from using them.

So what methods of traffic generation did you used to do well with that is no longer around or, is still around but nowhere near as popular as they used to be?

Regards,

Lee

~ Thumb Post Media ~ CharlieBrown's Avatar
    toplists, dont see much of those anymore, at least i pay 0 attention to those few that are still out there

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBrown View Post
    toplists, dont see much of those anymore, at least i pay 0 attention to those few that are still out there
    I still get a butt load of traffic off top lists... and have found some of my SEO traffic has come from top list links.:bunnypancake:
    :pinkylove:Sex is like air, you don't notice you need it until you don't have any!:pinkylove:

i still do well with toplists, but i really miss picture posts!