What sources of traffic or methods of generating traffic did you used to use that no longer work (as well as they once did) or are no longer around and being used as openly because of lack of interest in those traffic sources?

I think for me the main ones that spring to mind are...

1) Hard link trades, there was a time that everyone jumped at getting linked up on each others free sites and hubs, these days it seems like less and less webmasters are actually doing hard coded traffic trades or, those that are doing them, are charging for them.

2) Pic posts, i used to make a lot of money from pic posts using the Shaven Ferret script, unfortunately they seem to have died out almost as soon as the Shaven Ferret script got taken offline

3) Banner exchanges, we used to own 4 banner exchanges that were doing quite well but, over the years the interest in getting traffic this way pretty much died off, across the board, SexSwap used to be huge and served millions of impressions an hour on their banner swap system, yet like everything else, webmasters shyed away from using them.

So what methods of traffic generation did you used to do well with that is no longer around or, is still around but nowhere near as popular as they used to be?

Regards,

Lee