Thread: Gay Rights Causes Obesity? WTF

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Gay Rights Causes Obesity? WTF

London) A high ranking Conservative member of the House of Lords says that the push for civil rights by gays is leading to a nation of obese people. Lord Tebbit then compared same-sex marriage to the promotion of buggery.

Tebbit, the former chair of the Tory party and its current Whip in the Lords, was debating the growing problem of obesity with a member of the governing Labor party on a British radio program.

He suggested Labor's ''promotion of buggery'' was ''intimately connected'' to the increasing number of overweight people.

''Families now so seldom eat together. They don't prepare meals properly. Wives are pressurized into thinking they ought to go out to work instead of looking after their children. And it is the breakdown of family that is at the root of it.''

The government, he charged, was doing nothing about this but it was busy promoting gay marriage.

''We not only have an epidemic of obesity, we have a huge problem of AIDS and the Government's attitude is to do all it can to promote buggery.''

Lord Tebbit later attempted to say he was not linking gay marriage directly with obesity. "It is the attack that has been waged on the family and all the pressures of today." But, then said same-sex marriage was directly connected to the breakdown of the family.

British gay rights group Stonewall called from Tebbit to be removed from any position of authority in the party.

"These remarks are extremely distressing," said Stonewall chief executive Ben Summerskill.

"It's incredible that Lord Tebbit manages to shoehorn his extreme prejudices against gay people into a discussion on child obesity. We trust that Michael Howard will take swift action

http://www.365gay.com/newscon04/05/052804fatGay.htm

Dont quite see how gay rights causes obesity myself but whatever excuses are needed by gorvernments i guess :eek:

It is interesting that this is mentioned right after a 3 year old girl died from obesity in the last couple of days though!

Regards,

Lee

how do people this ignorant and uninformed as to anything to do with reality, medicine or psychology end up in these high-ranking jobs?

Jasun
    So, um, how do you explain Rush Limbaugh and 65% of the population of Texas?

Just womdering.

Xstr8guy
    ONLY 65% OF TEXAS?!

It's more like 90%. And it can be explained by religion (mostly super-conservative hypocritical Southern Baptists).

ya gotta love this quote. wives don't work because their families need the money - they work because they are pressurized into thinking they must.

what universe does this person live in?

''Families now so seldom eat together. They don't prepare meals properly. Wives are pressurized into thinking they ought to go out to work instead of looking after their children. And it is the breakdown of family that is at the root of it.''

Jasun
    and exactly how do you pressurize a person? Is there a special machine that does it, or do you just blow smoke up their ass?

you hook them up to the air hose at the gas station *grin*

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Everytime I read this article I, now, have to wonder...

... is it because I sit in front of a pc all day, that I've gained a lot of weight? Or, is it my gay activism that has done it to me???

how do people this ignorant and uninformed as to anything to do with reality, medicine or psychology end up in these high-ranking jobs?
    Bass, if we knew that I don't think George II would have even made it on the ballot ROFLMAOPIP

Gary-Alan