Thread: When does your status change?

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise. maxx68's Avatar

When does your status change?

When does a "newbie" become a full-fledged webmaster? Is it the amount of time in the industry or the amount of sales?

Thoughts?

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maxx68 View Post
    When does a "newbie" become a full-fledged webmaster? Is it the amount of time in the industry or the amount of sales?

Thoughts?
    Why is this important to you? ... ... You are no longer new to something when you know your way around.

To me, I dropped the "newbie" status for myself when I got - sorry to say - bothered by newbies asking the same old questions, when I realized that I could answer those and other questions myself in the forums and when I gave good advice to "oldies" in the forums...

I think some outgrow the newbie status faster than others and others will always remain newbies cuz they show no real interest....

For what I read, you show interest and you ask "newbie" questions which is good cuz this way you learn the traids....

Develish
    :-D

Gay is the new Black
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVELISH View Post
    bothered by newbies asking the same old questions
    Or seeing questions asked once every 3 months. The same questions. By the same people. Like a copy and paste of the last time they asked it. Like Fluff posting and not honestly looking for an answer.
    Be Who You Are!

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'
    im a newbie

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Ive been doing this for over 10 years and still consider myself a newbie when it comes to the industry, there are so many individual facets of this industry that when it comes to the 'knowledge' nobody really gets past the newbie stage.

Im still learning new stuff every day, from marketing techniques that work, site layouts, content, text, etc, etc...

Regards,

Lee

MarineMeat.com
    In this industry one will always be a newbie! Technology and trends change constantly. Don't get complacent. You can never stop learning the business.

I like cocks better than you!
    Quote Originally Posted by MarineMeat.com View Post
    In this industry one will always be a newbie! Technology and trends change constantly. Don't get complacent. You can never stop learning the business.
    I couldn't have said it any better. You may know YOUR product. But you may be new to something else. Technology is changing all of the time and it's affecting the internet all of the time. So there is always something new to learn. And I don't believe in the webmaster world there is something called an "expert." The reason I say this is because again... there's always something to learn. :cheerleader:

Help I'm Lost!!
    I agree no one is ever going to be an expert in everything. There is always going to be parts of the biz people are newbs in.