Thread: hotlinked POTD thumbs?

How long have you been gay? Aiden's Avatar

hotlinked POTD thumbs?

Any sponsors offers hotlinkable POTD thumbs?

I found potdsponsors.com but the gay sponsors listed offer just POTD, not linkable thumbs.

Spam me please.

Aiden, we have 15 hosted blogs / rss feeds that are "pic of the day" style blogs, you can hotlink images from these. If you don't have a HunkMoney account yet, hit me up for the various URLs.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Why would you want to hotlink to an image on someone elses server that YOU have no control over what displays? :eek:

Regards,

Lee

POTD tools are really popular - almost every big sponsor offers it.

Only a handful though offer a corresponding thumb of that POTD for webmasters to put on their site. (NastyDollars, SNRcash, SPAcash, SpunkyCash, etc)

Its a great way to link to FHP/FHG/FHM's and gives free sites some fresh content each day.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    POTD tools are really popular - almost every big sponsor offers it.

Only a handful though offer a corresponding thumb of that POTD for webmasters to put on their site. (NastyDollars, SNRcash, SPAcash, SpunkyCash, etc)

Its a great way to link to FHP/FHG/FHM's and gives free sites some fresh content each day.
    Aiden,

I know what a POTD is and how they are used and that they can actually be a great sales tool, Condom Cash has one.

You missed my point, why would you want to HOTLINK thumbs on a POTD instead of just link to the POTD itself, by hotlinking thumbs you have absolutely no control over what is being displayed on YOUR site.... All its going to take is one technical error and potentially you could have all sorts of content being displayed on your websites that you cant remove without having to go in and manually cancel each of the hotlinks.

Regards,

Lee

, my bad lee. Im just a newb and you're the man - I shouldve known better! :disguise:

Well I guess if someone was planning on building a site and just leaving it for a few years - yeah that would be kind risky?

but I check my page every 30 min n' if even something as small as a period is out of place Im on it faster than oprah on a brownie!

Sorry to question your webmaster knowledge, dumb move on my part. That was a very good question - hotlinkable potd thumbs can cause probs if youre not watching your sites! :turtle: <---cute turtle!

Who else has a POTD tool with matching thumb?

Lots of sponsors seem to have a POTD page we can link to, but don't always have a matching thumb for us to use.

I'm a few thumbs short - so far FabulousCash and SPAcash are the only gay sponsors I can find that offer this. :crazyeyes:

Spam me please!!!!! :broccoli:

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    is this something a few more would like to have - POTDs?

DEV...
    :-D

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'
    so how does this work for hotlinking if i have a no hotlinking htaccess on my server can in ot use them

If you're a sponsor/affiliate program - you will need to put all the thumbs in a folder that is not blocked by htaccess.

htaccess only affects your own files - you're able to link to/display images hosted elsewhere on your pages OK.

I'm not gay; I'm British! alexbucks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    Any sponsors offers hotlinkable POTD thumbs?
    I found potdsponsors.com but the gay sponsors listed offer just POTD, not linkable thumbs.
    We at AlexBoys.com offering a GOTD, where you can hotlink the thumbnail to ensure your surfers get every day a new gallery.
    Promote AlexBoys.com:
    www.AlexBucks.com - 50/50 Gay Affiliate Program - Niche: gay Twinks 18+