Thread: WTF?!? $1000 For A UPC Code?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

WTF?!? $1000 For A UPC Code?

Does anyone know of a cheaper method of getting a UPC code, i just did the preliminary research on the GS1US website and they want $1000 for a single product UPC :eek:

There has to be a cheaper way of getting a barcode for a single product than this.

Regards,

Lee

Wow -- I didn't even know a product had to BUY a barcode. Just figured it was some sort of registry system and one is assigned. Guess they have to pay expenses like everyone else.

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Does anyone know of a cheaper method of getting a UPC code, i just did the preliminary research on the GS1US website and they want $1000 for a single product UPC :eek:

There has to be a cheaper way of getting a barcode for a single product than this.

Regards,

Lee

FAIK is the first part of the barcode the producer of the good... maybe there is some wholesale company which sells the "extension" of the barcode
    :-D

I Want To See Bradleys 'B-Unit' deanb's Avatar
    You can find them around the internet for sale for 25-50 bucks. That site you are looking at is for you to be able to issue your own bar codes, when what you need is a single product bar code, which you can usually purchase for the price above from people already set up to make bar codes.
    ICQ# 200-385-093

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'
    http://www.buyabarcode.com/index.php?/en has them for $75 each for the first order

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    GS1 charges about $750 for the 1st year, then it's $150 per year after that -- unless it's gone up -- for registering your company and assigning a specific group of barcodes assigned to your company. I think the $750/$150 will get you a hundred or something.

You should be a little careful just buying a random barcode from a company because the first digits of the barcode will "belong" to whatever manufacturer you buy it from; for example, 895586 is the first 6 digits of all of our barcodes, and identifies 18 West Studios, our company, so if you buy a barcode from some random company and somebody goes searching for your company using the barcode, they'll get referred back to who the barcode owner is.

Also, GS1 doesn't actually provide the barcodes, only the numbers used to create the barcode. However, there's free software on the net that will generate the barcode you need.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    You might try Independent Records, who specializes in barcodes for indy releases. Their barcode ID comes up as "Independent Records" and people would realize that they are a barcode broker. I think they also track what company (or band) owns each barcode. 20 bucks for a barcode:

https://www.indierec.com/s-barcodes-register.html

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work. procam's Avatar
    Check with my friend at rapidtags.com

I have alerted her to this thread but feel free to contact denise over there, she will help you out.

Tell her allen sent u~