Thread: if i buy a dvd content set will it make more money than pictures

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'

if i buy a dvd content set will it make more money than pictures

i have been looking at some dvd content movies from xxxcontentdirect.com the last week and there are a few movies on the site that i think i would like to buy but before i do i wanted to know if you knew if movies content will sell better than images content on sites at the moment or not?

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    That depends.

You need a hosting account that is priced and chosen correctly to serve movies.

Before you buy a dvd try doing movie posting with sponsor movies. See if it makes you the money you want.

generally videos sell better than pics, but like Bill says it will cost you more to host them. Hey, if you want, we have a boatload of video clips for our sites that you can try, including ones that we host and we pay the bandwidth bills for.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

I like cocks better than you!
    Let me post our experiences.
    In 2006, we started with one membersite that only had image sets that we bought from Ounique. We sold memberships at a $19.95 monthly price point. Members would only stay 1-2 weeks and then cancel their recurring membership.
    Whereas vs. this site we had a video membersite with no image sets. Videos only. We used the same membership price point.
    Members to the site with videos stayed much longer. Rather than 1-2 weeks, they stayed 1-2 months and then more.

Keep in mind though, any site you have, it needs to be updated consistently with frequent updates or you lose the members interest.

Videos will always sell more within your members directory. With images the member has to use their imagination. With videos, your giving the customer the imagination thus they enjoy it more.

We have videos coming out of our ears that we have produced, have a license for, or we have bought via content brokers. We update our membersites weekly with 10-12 full videos (scenes) per week. Our members love this and they stay much longer.

The way we update is:
    5 image sets on Tuesday
    10+ videos on Thursday

We have found this to work out the best.

Now let me ask you this... with xxxcontentdirect.com, they sell DVD content. Whereas Maxpixels sells dvd scenes only. Why did you make this decision? I am just curious. We buy both. Ultimately, our members like the scattered scenes when we update. Scattered scenes meaning, per se one scene from Boys Club the dvd, one scene from us, one scene from another dvd, so on and so forth.

Another thing we have found out to work well is we are now providing the members with a monthly release schedule. They can view 20 second trailers of upcoming videos that will be added in the site. And we have found this to aid in our recurring memberships.

Just some thoughts I'd share with you.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by derekt View Post
    Now let me ask you this... with xxxcontentdirect.com, they sell DVD content. Whereas Maxpixels sells dvd scenes only. Why did you make this decision? I am just curious. We buy both.
    Again, i must ask, why do you buy both? :eek:

If you are buying the DVD movie content, just make your own screen grabs/scenes.

The more im seeing you post lately (dont take offence at this please) the more im reading that you are spending a lot more money than you need to on stuff, i just dont see how any business that operates like that can remain profitable.

Regards,

Lee

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Rich,

Yes movies can make you more money BUT they will also cost you more money in upkeep.

Especially if you are planning on using movie content on free sites and galleries (which it sounds like they are the types of site you are working on right now).

You had a great suggestion above, use some sponsors movie content on your sites to see how well it works for you, more often than not, this content is already optimized and in some instances, will be hosted by the affiliate program saving you on bandwidth costs

Regards,

Lee

I like cocks better than you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Again, i must ask, why do you buy both? :eek:

The more im seeing you post lately (dont take offence at this please) the more im reading that you are spending a lot more money than you need to on stuff, i just dont see how any business that operates like that can remain profitable.
    Lee, we are a very profitable business. We have different areas: VOD, Membersite, Studio, things of this nature. 90% of the profits (after overhead is paid) goes back into the business.

We buy content (both) because we launch various different membersites, for example we are working on a site now (bath house niche'd). And we like to launch a site with a total of 25 something. Whether it's 10 image sets and 15 videos. Then update on a schedule.

The profit funds are invested back into our entities. Such as per se we earn a $1,000 profit on the membersites. We will take that $1,000 profit and produce something under the studio.
    What we're doing is an investment basically.

Content - We buy both. We mix and match. The content we buy is put into an external hard drive and sorted by niche, type of guys, so on and so forth. Then whenever a new idea arises for a site to launch, we go in and pull the needed content from the drive. So we have a good amount of content to work with for just about any idea or project. We've been this way since 2004. And it has worked out for us.