Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone else not getting paid by Python Pays?

Professional pervert

Is anyone else not getting paid by Python Pays?

Hi folks,

I was wondering if anyone else is having trouble getting paid by Python Pays.

For several years, GayGeek had very poor organization of our finances. We cashed the checks that arrived, but paid little attention who was getting our traffic, how much we were getting paid per click, and most importantly, who wasn't paying us at all.

Last fall I spent several weeks wrestling with our books and putting everything in order. I learned that Python Pays owed us a chunk of money (not huge, but significant) that they hadn't paid. They had never paid out and the money had been slowly accumulating over time. I don't recall what the holdup was, but when contacted they said they'd make an immediate payment. And sure enough their website quickly indicated that a payment was in the works.

I forgot about the issue until two weeks ago during a periodic review of our books. I noticed that the payment had never arrived. Since then I have been aggressively trying to contact someone on their end with no luck. My attempts to use the contact form in the affiliate site have gone unanswered. I called their toll-free number yesterday, but got a woman who refused to connect me with anyone. (She said she wouldn't connect me unless I could name the person I wanted to talk to. And something about her answering for many businesses so she wouldn't even send me to someone's voice mail).

I have a few more e-mail addresses I'm willing to try, but since it's been 24 hours since I popped off the last e-mail without a reply I am not hopeful I'll get a response. At this rate I'll be pulling their sites from GayGeek within a week or so and posting a warning on this forum that they're deadbeats.

Anyone else having trouble collecting from Python Pays? Or had trouble in the past? I'd like to hear about how you are resolving or how you resolved the issue.

Otherwise, I suggest you check your books regarding Python Pays. You might find that they owe you money they claim was sent out.

--Aaron

PS, I'm also having a similar issue collecting from Boner Bucks (aka Digital Ventures) who runs Amateur Straight Guys, albeit it with a much smaller amount. They dicked over affiliates in the past when they ran Straight Guy Cash, but they made good on their debts to GayGeek so we decided to give them another shot. Now we're having trouble with them again, and if they don't answer my e-mails or phone calls shortly they're gonna find their sites yanked too.
    Aaron Lawrence
    Webmaster, GayGeek: Smart reviews of gay adult websites

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'
    i dont promote them sorry so cant help you

Any decent man you ever get is gonna find out you're half dyke and RUN.
    Getting our wires on time. Talk to shaft over there, he'll get you sorted.

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    You hear anything from them GG?

How exactly do they owe you - do they claim to have sent money, but you've seen no check?

Quote Originally Posted by GayGeek View Post
    PS, I'm also having a similar issue collecting from Boner Bucks (aka Digital Ventures) who runs Amateur Straight Guys
    There's a real shocker! I wouldn't do business with those guys again in a million years. I'm absolutely shocked every time I see someone promoting ASG after what they did a few years ago.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with other programs. I show I was always paid by Python Pays (check issued from Web Clicks). However, I stopped promoting them a while back due to slow sales. Hopefully you'll get it straightened out.

Professional pervert
    No word from Python yet. On the 11th I sent an e-mail to Mike with Python, he's our account manager according to the website. I haven't heard back from him (or anyone for that matter).

On Monday I'll send out a message to our remaining contact with the company. Assuming he doesn't get back to me, on Friday we'll yank all their websites and I'll take some sort of aggressive action against them on GayGeek. Probably posting a warning to web surfers not to deal with their company or somesuch.

At GayGeek we pride ourselves on providing accurate information about the list we list, so I don't wanna just yank everything and let surfers actively researching their sties to fend for themselves. At the same time, I don't want to send them any traffic.

I'll probably flag their sites as closed and have their pages display a warning that they are not a reputable company to do business with. Python probably wouldn't care if we yanked their listings, but they might take notice if we actively start telling people not to deal with them.

As for talking to Shaft, he's the last e-mail contact I have with Python. So we'll see if he can get things straightened out or not. I'll know more next week.

As for Doug and Jay, we've sent them only a trickle of traffic. I have way more sites listed on GayGeek that I can actively promote, and struggle to even keep up with our new listings. So Doug and Jay has received little attention to me. I normally wouldn't care about the money they owe us (only $25.44), but their website says they sent us a check and if they did then I want my money. Because if they're not going to pay us then I want to terminate our relationship with them before that amount becomes significant.

I'll keep y'all informed how things develop.

--Aaron

PS, Incidentally, I had a billing issue with Rainbow Revenue. During all this bookkeeping that they thought they sent us a small check last year that never arrived. I contacted them regarding the matter and they said they had some software issues around that time and had problems getting all their checks out. They responded quickly, apologized profusely, and immediately resent the check. I like getting my checks on time, but if mistakes happen then that's the sort of customer service I want to deal with. None of this "talking to operators at toll-free numbers that refuse to connect me with a real person or a voicemail" shit.
    Aaron Lawrence
    Webmaster, GayGeek: Smart reviews of gay adult websites

Any decent man you ever get is gonna find out you're half dyke and RUN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    You hear anything from them GG?

How exactly do they owe you - do they claim to have sent money, but you've seen no check?
    No, they pay us on time. We get our wires on time consistently. Talk to Shaft there, he can help you with that stuff i think.

I like cocks better than you!
    Quote Originally Posted by GayGeek View Post
    PS, I'm also having a similar issue collecting from Boner Bucks (aka Digital Ventures) who runs Amateur Straight Guys, albeit it with a much smaller amount. They dicked over affiliates in the past when they ran Straight Guy Cash, but they made good on their debts to GayGeek so we decided to give them another shot. Now we're having trouble with them again, and if they don't answer my e-mails or phone calls shortly they're gonna find their sites yanked too.
    Doesn't surprise me at all.

I would yank their sites already. They've changed their program name several times over the course of about 4 years or so. Each time it's the answer "we hired a new company to manage our affiliate program."

maybe mike is out sick, having family problems, on vacation or even no longer working there. it's always a good idea after a couple days to email someone else...

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise. maxx68's Avatar
    This is exactly the kind of thing that makes me nervous as a webmaster, you never know whose gonna pay and who won't.

A company can seem like something really great, you work hard to promote them, and WHAM! sorry no money for you shithead.

I hope things work out for ya GayGeek.

Sex is fun
    You can rely on getting paid reliably and on time if the pay site is using CCBill's affiliate program, or some other 3rd party program that pays you directly. On my pay sites we don't write the checks to affiliates since we never see the money. CCBill takes it out and before they pay us and then they pay the affiliates.

Not sure if other credit card processors have this feature, but you can rest assured if the pay site is using CCBill.

The other thing to keep in mind is the history and track record of the pay site. Do searches on this site and others to see if there have been problems with the pay site.

python/dollarmachine have been doing their own payouts since DMR, their processor from the 90's, folded without paying anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeCruise View Post
    You can rely on getting paid reliably and on time if the pay site is using CCBill's affiliate program, or some other 3rd party program that pays you directly. On my pay sites we don't write the checks to affiliates since we never see the money. CCBill takes it out and before they pay us and then they pay the affiliates.

Not sure if other credit card processors have this feature, but you can rest assured if the pay site is using CCBill.

The other thing to keep in mind is the history and track record of the pay site. Do searches on this site and others to see if there have been problems with the pay site.

Think big. Shoot hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    python/dollarmachine have been doing their own payouts since DMR, their processor from the 90's, folded without paying anyone.
    Python has paid me on time, every time since I was in this business. However, I have to admit that it has been a real bitch getting in touch with anyone there lately.

I like cocks better than you!
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeCruise View Post

I personally highly suggest promoting CCBill. They pay, the webmaster does not. They offer you all of the tools to follow your pay. There is no possible way that they can skim stats or screw you over. Everything is so very automated. And they are reputable. This is why many of the successful webmasters ONLY promote sites who use CCBill as a primary processor. We do the same. We only promote CCBill sites or know for a fact and can prove that site is loyal and honest.

How long have you been gay?
    I have contacted GayGeek.com regarding the payment issue. I will look into this for him and make sure everything is running smoothly for him. If anyone else has any questions or concerns feel free to contact me directly. My name is Billy and I will do my best to help you out.

My contacts are below

ICQ - 366 209 517
    email - billy@marketingfolk.com