Thread: Capture - Software / Hardware Needed

I like cocks better than you!

Capture - Software / Hardware Needed

If so, what programs do you use?

We've been using a card that you install on the inside of the computer. The card went out last Friday, and it's discontinued. We're looking for something farely quick. Right now, we're using "Roxio Easy Media Creator 10" as a quick fix and it has an import feature. But running into problems:
    1 - It doesn't capture discs that are copyright protected.
    2 - If the DVD doesn't have chapters set up a certain way, it will stop the import.

We are needing something quick. We use this for our xxxdto.com site. We have a stack of studio DVDs sitting here waiting to be captured and then placed into the encoding phase.

Can someone suggest something that is user friendly, easy to use, and provides with DVD quality or very close to DVD Quality?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    I use several but the one i use most often i would say would be Frame Shots, which i think Patti reccomended to me a few years back... It was only around $20 too from what i recall.

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    If you're trying to capture DVD video content, the free VLC media player actually does a really good job, and it will rip content-protected DVDs (at real-time play speed.)

http://lifehacker.com/397573/master-...media-with-vlc

It's of course nowhere near as fast as a hardware solution, but it's free and of decent quality.

If you're capturing analog video, a hardware MPEG capture/encoding card will be your best bet. The software encoders in my experience, unless you have a VERY fast machine, tend to produce glitchy video.

Also, little known fact: With a DVD that isn't copy protected, you can simply copy the Video_TS folder to your local drive, change all the .VOB files to .MPG, and they will be playable, editable, and transcodeable directly, no ripping required.

Thanks guys!

Usually when someone replies to a thread that I am "registered on" I receive an email with replies. I didn't in this case. :thumbsdown: anywhoo....

Thanks guys. These are really great suggestions. I will give them all a shot!!!! I appreciate your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I use several but the one i use most often i would say would be Frame Shots, which i think Patti reccomended to me a few years back... It was only around $20 too from what i recall.

Regards,

Lee
    I tried Frame Shots (trial) before getting the version. I couldn't figure out how to capture the video. All I could figure out to do was capture stills. We have a program that captures stills as a batch from the videos. That's not needed.

Thanks Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    If you're trying to capture DVD video content, the free VLC media player actually does a really good job, and it will rip content-protected DVDs (at real-time play speed.)
    Hey Chip, this worked and is in use! Thank you so much! I really do appreciate it!

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by derekt View Post
    Hey Chip, this worked and is in use! Thank you so much! I really do appreciate it!
    No problem. Honestly, I've used it for years, but didn't know it had the ripping feature until I read the article on Lifehacker. Impressive little piece of software, particularly given that it's free

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work.
    Im off to give this a try now. Thanks!

Oogleman, you should. It's wonderful.

Chip, it's great!