Thread: What do you guys think of PAP4?

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work. jeremyroddick's Avatar

What do you guys think of PAP4?

Hi guys,

I was shopping for an Affiliate Manager Software and realized NATS (http://www.toomuchmedia.com/) and MPA3 (http://www.mpa3.com/) were pretty expensive.

Now before I invest a couple of thousands, a friend of mine refered me to PAP4 (http://www.qualityunit.com/postaffiliatepro/). Now I'm wondering if you guys have any feedbacks about that software. I mean it seems so much cheaper and I can't figure out why it's 1000 times cheaper than the other softwares.

Thanks,
    Jeremy Roddick - www.bonobocash.com - ICQ: 375661750 - 1-877-824-7561 ext. 707
    Videoboys.com | Squirtz.com | JeremyRoddick.com

without speaking about pap4 in particular, the expensive programs do amazing things, and lots of them. it takes hundreds of hours to develop a program like that and tons of time to keep it updated and adding new features.

the stats in NATS and probably in MPA can help you make more money. they'll show you things you probably didn't know about your sales. they'll also allow you to answer virtually any questions your affiliates have about their traffic and sales.

NATS and MPA also allow you to create several pricing options plus popup and no popup tours on the fly. they're also designed to work with adult-specific processors and have some fraud control built in, as well.

pap4 may be a great program - they don't give the level of detail that i'd want to know before trusting my money to any program, adult specific or otherwise. they don't mention how often they do security updates

what i noticed as i checked their site is that they had a third party do their video tutorial (and the narrator isn't very good), that their graphics and layout look either old school or rudimentary, that a lot of the sites who gave testimonials look small or low-rent and that one of their testimonials is from anonymous.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    I actually checked it out and it looks pretty good, in fact, it looks like exactly what i have been trying to find to use on a non-adult affiliate program we're in the process of setting up so i think im going to take a punt on the $219 and give it a try.

Once its up and running ill post some feedback, from the demo features i saw it looks like it has plenty of stats data available to both the program owner and the affiliate.

My only concern with it right now is that in order to use CCBill you need to install a 'plugin' and past history has given me the experience that when you need to start adding plugins to existing scripts thats where problems start to happen, hopefully that wont be the case with this one though.

Regards,

Lee

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work. jeremyroddick's Avatar
    Uhm, again you guys are not the only one who mentions me that they would pick NATS over all the other ones. I guess I'll have to make a decision soon.

The only thing I'm worried about is my actually CCBILL Affiliate Rev links. I mean affiliates who are promoting my site right now with the actually CCBILL code would have to change all their galleries to NATS's ways of processing revcode right?

Any info on how to migrate easily. Is there already a feature in NATS for that?
    Jeremy Roddick - www.bonobocash.com - ICQ: 375661750 - 1-877-824-7561 ext. 707
    Videoboys.com | Squirtz.com | JeremyRoddick.com